It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

Kickle15 HB User
New here.

Hi everyone. My names Dan, Im 24 and I was diagnosed in March as having Bipolar I, Manic Depressant with a personality disorder and anxiety disorder. I also have as the doctor called it "a case of SIV" (Self Inflicted Violence) nothing suicidal. I was in the hospital for 4 months, was released middle of July, and I've been trying to get back into my life.

I've become extremely anti-social, cutting myself off from everyone and I tend to avoid populated places to avoid being brought into a social conflict with people.

I guess I'm just looking for someone or a few people to chat with or just be able to get some things out of my head. I find it hard to express myself socially, I feel like I lack the skills to even have conversations with people. I'm coming here because I find it much easier to let everything out through text.

Thanks to anyone that responds its very much appreciated.
~Dan

Old 09-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: New here.

Welcome to the board,,,, did they give you medications for the Bipolar?

I have Bipolar 1 also.

hugs, Caren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
(female)

totallyclueless HB User

Hi Dan and welcome. I am fairly new here and I found everyone to be very nice and willing to post and help in any way they can. I know sometimes it's good just to know youare not alone. There are people that have the same problems and go through the same things you do.

I hope that you find what you are looking for here and if you ever need to chat feel free to message me. I am always willing to talk and am honest to a fault at times.

I tend to be very self-destructive. When everything is going well in my life, when I fall into a comfortable routine that's when I get antsy. For some reason when things go well for a time Ifeel the need to stir up the pot. I used to hurt myself but it seems I have left that behind, for now anyway.

But I hope you have a good experience here. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
(male)

Kickle15 HB User

Hey Caren, the meds they gave me when i left the hospital were Zoloft, Trazodone and Ativan. The Ativan they told me only to take when i felt my anxiety getting out of control. Thanks for the welcome

Yea TC i have the same problem with the whole stirring up things when it seems everything is going well. I cant really put my finger on what it is but whenever i get my life on track I feel the need to take risks and I usually ruin the nice track my life was on, either causing myself to quit my job or just drop off the radar so to speak for a few weeks.

I use to be heavily into playing soccer all year round, but I quit it a few months before I went to the hospital and now I just dont have the motivation to go and start it back up. That and I lost a lot of my friends, I just feel so awkward around them, I cant talk to them about things I'm feeling or thinking cause I feel like I'm dumping my problems on them and I dont want them to feel like im looking for pity or fishing for compliments.

But thanks for the offer TC, Im sure I will take you up on the offer

Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

arleyandrea HB User

Welcome Dan.
I only just joined myself. I am sure that you will find some support here. Do try and reach out to at least a couple people in your life though. Try. I know how hard it can be. But try. I have been brushing friends off because I can't deal with being around other people. But I have a couple that I have "let in" and I think it helps to have some contact...when you are ready of course.
Andrea

Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
(female)

nicole113 HB User

Conversations can be difficult. I feel the same way, Dan. Nice to meet you.

Last edited by nicole113; 09-18-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: clarification

Closed Thread