It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

tanya81 HB User
Angry messed up

Hi everyone. Its nice to know im not the only one out there. I was diagnosed with Bipolar II a couple of years ago. I was on medication,but stopped cold turkey in Jan 08. I've always been independent and hated the thought of having to depend on something just to feel normal. However, I feel like i'm getting worse. I messed around with a guy who was married and now im paying the price. I would shop non stop. I have a steady job, however its an extremely stressful career. My life is a rollercoaster ride that i am dying to get off of. I don't talk to anyone about my situation because they either make fun of me or lecture me. This is not how i pictured my life to be.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: messed up

Welcome to the board,,

hugs, Caren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Tanya,

Wecome to the Board, a safe place of no judgements. First of all I noticed you are in TX, I hope you are in a safe place and weathered the storm. I hear that your life is pretty upside down right now. Are you seeing a Psychiatrist? Maybe that would be a good first step...if it's something you feel able to do. There are quite a few good medications out right now that can help people get their BP to a manageable state so that living a productive life is possible.

Keep posting here and know that anytime you need a place to yell, laugh, cry whicever we're here for you.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
(female)

seaturtle1 HB User

Welcome here,

Why go off our meds and stay off them now when you're getting worse?

I'm no doctor or therapist, but from what you say, it's a good idea to go back on meds again. Why get worse, when the meds can help you?

Just my thoughts, and hope you keep in touch for the support we get here,

Seaturtle

Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
(female)

tanya81 HB User
Unhappy Re: messed up

I know i should be on meds. They were working. And you would think that I would do it since last time I got off I ended up in a Psychiatric institute. I was there for about a week. It was awful, at least for me. They were all nice, but I was scared and emotionally unstable. I cried all day, everyday. the other patients would try to calm me down, but i was upset and didn't want people around me. That was last year. I never want to go back. I just wish there was some other way to get the medications i need instead of having to pop in pills everyday for the rest of my life. Its irritating.

Closed Thread