It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

JJK11 HB User
Racing thoughts/shaking?

I take Lamictal, Abilify, and Provigil for my bipolar, and I always have racing thoughts. It is like thoughts shoot in and out of my brain and I also sometimes shake if it is a thought that bothers me. I won't do this in public cause it's kind of weird, but at home and stuff I do it. I also shake and twitch at times.

It's kind of hard to control though and I also find thinking clearly to be tough. Thoughts are always 'broken' feeling in my head, and things don't connect anymore like they used to. It was even worse when I was on an anti-depressant too, but now I am off those.

<deleted: disallowed subject. Ask your own doctor and do not self-medicate.>

Last edited by Administrator; 09-22-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: removed med questions

Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
(female)

totallyclueless HB User
Re: Racing thoughts/shaking?

I am mainly on Lamictal so that is the only one I can comment on. Lamictal keeps me a little up, sometimes worse than others, and I generally have racing thoughts. Don't self medicate....it is unhealthy and could have very bad results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

singinforthelor HB User

The twitching could be a side effect from the Abilify. That is one of the reasons my daughters doctor took her off of it and put her on Lamictal

Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Just an FYI, did you ever consider that the Racing thoughts are not due to any of the meds? Racing thoughts are just a part of the manic side of BiPolar. Even though I"m on meds and my BiPolar is Severe Depression as opposed to Mania, my brain still races constantly at about 90 miles an hour and it's really hard to get it to stop. It's always been like this even before the meds.

BTW I'm on Lamictal, Zoloft, Topomax, Seroquel, Neurontin, Vitamin D, Biotin, And Fish Oil.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
(male)

treyG0312 HB User

The racing thoughts, although a symptom of BiPolar mania, could be brought on by the Provigil.

I started taking Provigil for Shift Work Sleep disorder. It can help to stay-off depression, but its main purpose is to keep the mind alert. It is actually used by Pilots (fighter pilots, i think) to keep them alert on long flights.

Talk to you Doc about this "side effect."

Closed Thread