It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

lolanash HB User
gah!

gaaaaaaahhhhhh! you know how in cartoons sometimes the character's head will spin around in a complete circle, eye balls bulging out of their heads, pulling their hair out, screaming? that's how i feel right now! i'm not doing those things..but i feel like just hollering and making a racket! i feel like i have so much pent up energy inside.

i am VERY irritable and angry today. i flew off the handle because i could not get my printer to work. screaming fit.

i have school work to do and i do not want to do it. instead i want to write a book, concentrate on something meaningful to me!

i am also ready to cry at the drop of a hat...i am NOT a crier, so this really says something. it takes a lot to make me cry.

sorry, i just have to get this out sometimes because i can't keep it in any more.

does anyone know of any home remedies/relaxation techniques that work? it seems like NOTHING i am doing works....if i take a hot bath, it's still there..if i go out for a walk, it's still there. i am starting to get so frustrated with the fact that i can't seem to control it myself.

i have this overwhelming urge to just spend money and laugh and be happy about it, as if that will make me feel better.

i have an appointment tomorrow with my psychiatric nurse, so i am looking forward to that. i just wish i could help myself..there must be some sort of coping strategy i can use that will at least make things more bearable, and not so completely out of whack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: gah!

From what you're saying, you seem to be manic, with maybe a mixed state because of the depressed times.

IMHO, the only answer for this is medication - do you take it? I've never found any "soothing" activities which changed anything when I am in a mania or depression.

Not up to me to diagnose you or really recommend anything. I can only say that for me, I have to take medication if I want a chance at living my life.

Best,

Seaturtle

Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
(male)

urbandale HB User

Yes. Breath. slowly about 20 times in and out. Of course the first 10 times You won't think it's going to work, but after a while it does. I know about rages. Also, repeat "grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change." Does not matter if you believe in a higher power. Just do it! while you are exhaling. Also, you may think the walk didn't work, but you might need to make it a farther walk. These 2 things almost always help, but I never think they are going to help when I do them. I know saying "hang in there" sounds trite, but I hope you do.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
(female)

totallyclueless HB User

Get the energy out. You have the right idea about walking but sometimes you need to sweat it out. Go run, get a cardio tape and work out to it. Get tae bo cause you get to kick and punch lol. I know you get what I mean. The only way to get rid of that energy is to expend it. Physically exhaust yourself. That has helped more than one person and even if it doesn't help, at least you've burned a few calories in the process.

Closed Thread