It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

patteecake HB User
lamictal/ changes/depression

i've been on it since august and i have seen some changes, i went from aniexty attacks everyday to every 2-3 days and i'm impaitent and having issues with lil things, like the other day, there was no milk for my child and i had juice and my son freaked out, and i freaked out b/c i knew i wouldn't make it in enough time to get him milk, he had the bus in 10 mins. i was screamin at everyone, after my sister moved a month ago.

i've been having issues with my mom, b/c its taking forever to get the apt and i'm anixous, i'm going crazy and yelling at her and embaressing her i yell and talk so loud. i feel like crap. i know i'm wrong. i need to work on things. i just lose my mind, i go insane and i don't like it, my mother feels im on the way to a mental break down. My dad lost his job, i can't go back to college, b/c we might move.

I'm depressed, my son's father is trying to get back with me and my head wont listen to me, my heart knows whats right and wrong. I'm having a hard time. I can't find things. I get depressed going to counseling. i'm addicted to the computer. I can't eat with out feeling like crap, b/c i hate eating and gaining weight. I gained a lb b/c i have my peroid.

then i let all this crap get to me. next week will be better, my parents are finishing up fixing the apt, im going back to the gym and im supposed to hang out with my friends tonite, i'm going to forget about things and have a good time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: lamictal/ changes/depression

Hi,

From my experience, Lamictal can cause irritability and impatience. I have to deal with those side effects because the Lamictal is of such benefit to me otherwise. But maybe check with pdoc in this, esp. if these out-of-control feelings coincide with the Lamictal?

A bit of another med to help you control the angetr?

But we are, as you said, needing to work on our behaviours and learn to govern ourselves. Under the strain you're under right now, that's got to be difficult.

Don't know if this helps at all, but if it were me, I'd go for the meds, at least temporarily.
I can't give advice, all I can do is share my own journey.

Seaturtle

Old 10-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
(female)

Sunka HB User

Hi, it sounds like you're having a rough time! But I'm glad you took the time to come to the Boards and write your feelings down. It's gotta be hard having parents, kids, and an ex all jumbled up around you. I'm lucky in that I don't have kids around to deal with - I have the BF's family to contend with, though, and even though they're aware I have several mental health issues, they seem to think it's trivial & don't care when they push my buttons.

Good luck with the Lamictal; I've had that before but don't know if it helped or not. I stopped taking it because I got paranoid about how it's a 'seizure' medicine & I was afraid I would develop seizures if I kept taking it - even though my doctor said that probably wouldn't happen. Best thing you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other & know you're not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. We're here for ya! Bye for now...

Old 10-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
(female)

patteecake HB User

I actually had a seizure from Topamax, that was scary, i was in the hospital when i started Lamictal. I will say for my most part it has worked in some ways. I have curbed my promicuity issues. I have had more energy and now its slowly breaking down and i keep never giving up. i feel like my head is about to explode. I am depressed b/c i'd like to go out on weekends, but i have a disabled child and he can't be out more than 2hrs. I get bored easily, i've replaced it with reading, writing in my journal. Relaxing, watching movies and yoga, a stress reliever. We play playdoh and i let him relax b/c he has chronic faitgue, weekends are 9:00-9:30 wake up and we go to bed around 9-10pm. He goes to school M-F for 3 1/2 hrs. I usually go to the gym 2-3 times a wk and doctor appoinments. I have a small group of friends. I try to keep in contact with them. I am praying everyday my life gets a lil less stressful. i like writing on this board, i am glad there are people to share their experiances with me, and we are there for each other.

Closed Thread