It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
(male)

vinton33 HB User
Does this sound familiar

I'm diagnosed with bipolar II and ADHD.
Depression is my major problem but I could be depressed severely during the day and in the evening I feel much better and wont even think about it. Mornings are awfull for me..

Yesterday I even felt like dying and had no hope and suddenly in one spark I'm playing poker in a tournament last night and felt like nothing was wrong.Normal as can be..

Does this sound falmiliar?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
(female)

brit5467 HB User
Re: Does this sound familiar

I am no expert and cannot speak from experience. My BP is different. But from what you've described and what I've read, that sounds like rapid cycling. Again, let me stress this....I am not diagnosing you.

I can't check it out now, but I think if you go to the beginning of this board, there is a post about symptoms and I think it describes rapid cycling.

deleted

Also, have you been diagnosed and are you on meds? If so, you should speak to your doc about this.

Best wishes !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
(female)

totallyclueless HB User

I am the same way and I am a rapid cycler. The worst part is that I never know when it's going to happen. There can be nothing wrong and all of a sudden I just lose it. I go from manic to depressed with no regularity. Sometimes in the same day, hour, minute or I may be fine for a month.

I am also not trying to diagnose you, I am just letting you know that you are not alone. I am on meds and have been for a few months and I barely cycle at all. I notice small changes but nothing that isn't easily dealt with.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

I have the same pattern. My pdoc said this was not unusual for depression to lessen as the day goes on.
My moods can also fluctuate wildly at times, too.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

ldr21 HB User

I have add and BP, I am rapid cycler with hypomania and if I drink I have alcohaul induced mania that can be pretty severe (like stripping on amatuer night at a strip club, Just because.) anyway, I am on lamictol, prozac and dexidrine and this has been very beneficial for me, as I have never felt like I have had any clarity or have never really felt centered up until now. I am new on here and I keep reading all these posts and so many of them are like "holy cow that's me, thats what I do." It's really bizaarr but at the same time it is really good to hear that I am not alone. I still am having a hard time believing that anyone could be as messed up as me. I am trying not to beat myself up to much over it, I sure hope you get some clarity and find your center, as I know it can be done.

Closed Thread