It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
(female)

Sunka HB User
When is it OK to avoid people who aggravate symptoms?

Isn't it OK to avoid someone that aggravates your symptoms and triggers irritability and racing thoughts and moodiness?

I'm having issues with my BF's mom; she doesn't like me because I don't cater to her and I don't like her for, well, lots of reasons (drinking, irresponsibility, etc etc) I don't like it when she comes over - I tense up and shut down & then feel obligated to disinfect the bathroom if she uses it. But she does come over because my BF lives with me. He stays by my side because I become very unstable when he's not around - he's my rock & is precious to me.

I'm confused about how to handle this, because logic tells me that if someone is toxic to me then it's acceptable to not be around them or have them come around me. But she IS his mom & it's also logical that he should see her at least occasionally, right? My MH doc is neutral on this, and my case manager is on my side but tells me that maybe my BF should go visit her without me...but then I fly around the house & get all manic & my mind starts racing about horrible things happening to him.

I have been off meds for a long time but recently re-started taking Geodon. I'm thinking about telling my MH doc that the dosage needs to be increased a little because of the irritability & racing thoughts. **sigh** Any coping suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for listening!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
what foods can you eat when you have acid reflex? mitchell2000 Acid Reflux / GERD 14 05-11-2009 05:37 PM
Blood Pressure Higher when stressed carol1015 High & Low Blood Pressure 18 09-30-2008 06:24 AM
when to go to the ER for hypothyroidism iyangki1 Thyroid Disorders 3 09-30-2008 06:02 AM
What Is The Thing You Feel Is Most Important To You To Avoid GERD/LPR Symptoms CharBerry Acid Reflux / GERD 22 01-15-2008 07:58 PM
Why does my TMJ flar up more when seasons or weather change? sunflower22 TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 7 11-12-2007 02:30 AM