It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

hotchick89 HB User
Question Worried

I recently began attending psychology classes and was a little distrubed to realize that BP sounds a lot like the way I live my day to day life. I spend day in bed, feeling like I can't go on. Then I'm going and going, I can't calm down and sleep is out of the question. I also notice that during "low-points" I tend to pack on the pounds, and never lose them. I'm really nervous because there isn't really anyone I can talk to (since I would be the first in my family to have this) and have no insurance. I'm also a little concerned about how this will effect my daughter down the road. Can anyone give me a little guidance?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
(female)

totallyclueless HB User
Re: Worried

There are programs out there for mental health that are based on your income. I don't know where you live but I would call your local state agency and ask. If they don't know, keep calling around. I pay $5 to see the doc, $6 for the therapist and my meds are free through the medical company. If not for all those things I would be in big trouble. If you think this is something affecting you I would seek help, especially because it can affect your daughter. Bp is a progressive disease, more so when you are not taking meds for it, and if this is what you have the problem will not get better on its own.

I hope that you find the right people to talk to and the help you need. Please keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread