It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

patteecake HB User
lamictal is not working after 3 mths of being on it

This is the 3rd month and i'm getting aniexty attacks, feeling deprerssed , even some thoughts of runnin away and just taking a break from life, i'm ocverwhelmed and feeling depressed and crying alot.

So i've been taking my meds every other day. Its been calming and i'm able to relax, I recently moved into my own apt with my son and its great! I've been working on myself and learning to love mtyself one day at a time. I've stopped talking to my son's father its been almost a month and the chaotic cycle i was in has gone away. I still miss talking to him, but not the emotional abuse. I can finally breathe b/c it was eating me up inside. My bi polar was loving the chaos and i hated it. I know theres a old me inside me that is pushing her way out and the ugly me, selfish and naive is fighting her. I know i don't have two personalities. But sometimes i feel like i do.

I try to relax but i feel like my head is about to explode. I cry out of frustration and stress. So many things are happening. i am down to 180lbs and feeling good about myself and i'm happy that i get to use my excersize tapes and my work out dvds and i love my apt. I thought i was going to be lonely but i'm not. I'm not having insomnia at nite any more and i'm sleeping through the nite which is great. I'm relaxing and writing in my journal. I'm am expressing myself on paper more. I'm writing to my son's father about what he's missing in his son's life and i started a weight log journal.

I am starting alot of positive things in my life to help me accomplish my goal in life to move on and i have my new beginning. One day at a a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

Cthebird HB User
Re: lamictal is not working after 3 mths of being on it

It sounds like you're really having a mixed experience right now being anxious and yet being able to relax. Does this fluctuate throughout the day?

I've been on Lamictal now for over a year. When I first went on it I was in a deep depression. It didn't seem to help at first, but I finally got out of the depression about 4 months later. I have been stable ever since on the combo of Lamictal 300 mg, Trileptal and Risperdal (although now on Abilify instead of Risperdal). I hope the Lamictal eventually helps you, as well.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
(female)

patteecake HB User
Re: lamictal is not working after 3 mths of being on it

i can't take albilify, i take lamictal every other day now and its begining to show some postive results ty for commenting.

Closed Thread