It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

redtoenails HB User
Unhappy New Problems...

After not feeling able to do the work I asked for extensions but I still feel under the gun. There is still much work to be done and little time to do it all! My grandmother will die any day now, if not sooner. I am worried I will miss more school work and will become depressed by the event. How do you handle stress? How can I prevent burn out?

red

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

Momb411 HB User
Re: New Problems...

Each day give yourself a small to do list and concentrate on the tasks at hand. Don't over load yourself, just do what you can each day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
(female)

totallyclueless HB User

It is easy to get overwhelmed, especially with BP. My advice to you is to make a list of everything you need to do. Either start with the easiest and fastest to accolmplish or do them in priority order. The main thing is to finish a project because you will feel a sense of accomplishment and it will reinforce the fact that you can do this. You can complete everything and you can destress.

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother, I know it is a hard time and you want to spend as much time with her as you can. Is there any way you can do what you need to do with your grandmother? Can you take your work with you to where she is located as being there will show her you care. Who knows, maybe you can include her and talk about your school to her.

I do not know your entire situation but I hope I have been of some help to you. Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
(female)

Bunnylover HB User

I think I missed your original thread, but are you a college student? If so, you should be able to request an incomplete in your classes, rather than an extension. Typically, then you are given until February to complete the work, at which point you are given a grade. Your school may differ, but usually you would contact the dean of students about making such an arrangement, although if you are seeing a counselor/psychiatrist at school they should be able to help you as well.

If I misunderstood the situation, sorry.

Closed Thread