It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Today's Pdoc Appointment

Dreams,

Hope your not IP too long, but long enough to gt things straight and feel better.

kat

Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Kat,

My meds were increased to 2000mg of Depakote/day, 80mg of Geodon/day and 40mg of Fluoxetine. I'm feeling better today, so I think the med changes have helped. I'm no longer rapid cycling either since I feel a sense of calm and have all day with the exception of earlier this afternoon when I cycled between severe depression and extreme anger. I'll send another update as to how I'm doing tomorrow.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Seaturtle,

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and hope you feel better soon. By any chance, are you having a migraine?
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-15-2009, 04:26 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Dreams,

Hope your not IP too long, but long enough to gt things straight and feel better.

kat
katlin, hope things have improved for you too?? am on day four of no cutting so here's hoping. i think it will go better this time as the first day in the shower i looked at all 200 cuts and thought 'did i do that' and 'omg what have i done' so maybe... the urges are not as strong so maybe the new meds are kicking in a bit. that would be great given nothing has worked before. here's hoping.

Last edited by irishwriter; 02-15-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:29 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

hi did you go IP? or are you feeling better at home? hope improvement continues maybe the med tweaking will work for you. pdoc put me on lexapro again even though it didn't suit before and i've told him now that i think it increases suicidal urges and agitation. am on day four of not cutting though so maybe lamictal is helping. started abilify the night before last too. so we'll see. take good care of yourself.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaturtle View Post
neondreams,

Glad you're taking care of yourself once more. Good for you. I'll feel better knowing you are safe and getting help in there.

Sorry to be short - I am not feeling well yesterday or today, but sending hugs,
Seaturtle
seaturtle, i also hope you are feeling better today. are you ill with something else or is it depression kicking in?

Old 02-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
hi did you go IP? or are you feeling better at home? hope improvement continues maybe the med tweaking will work for you. pdoc put me on lexapro again even though it didn't suit before and i've told him now that i think it increases suicidal urges and agitation. am on day four of not cutting though so maybe lamictal is helping. started abilify the night before last too. so we'll see. take good care of yourself.
I'm glad that you haven't cut in 4 days. Congrats! That must be a sign that your Lamictal is working.

Yes, I'm currently inpatient. I couldn't stay home because I was suicidal and my voices were telling me to harm myself. Today I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much, much better. The med increases have finally kicked in, I had a good 8 hours worth of sleep, I feel rested and the hospital nurse told me the sun is shining today.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
I'm glad that you haven't cut in 4 days. Congrats! That must be a sign that your Lamictal is working.

Yes, I'm currently inpatient. I couldn't stay home because I was suicidal and my voices were telling me to harm myself. Today I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much, much better. The med increases have finally kicked in, I had a good 8 hours worth of sleep, I feel rested and the hospital nurse told me the sun is shining today.
i have always avoided going to hospital, i don't have anyone to take care of my daughter but my pdoc is great, i can usually talk to him on the phone a lot if things get really bad. he called first thing this morning and told me to cut back on the lexapro and to take abilify in the morning instead of at night, got about four hours sleep last night! eight hours straight sleep sounds great. it makes such a difference. glad the sun is shining somewhere. it is dull and dark here! hope things continue to improve for you. btw still not cutting!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
i have always avoided going to hospital, i don't have anyone to take care of my daughter but my pdoc is great, i can usually talk to him on the phone a lot if things get really bad. he called first thing this morning and told me to cut back on the lexapro and to take abilify in the morning instead of at night, got about four hours sleep last night! eight hours straight sleep sounds great. it makes such a difference. glad the sun is shining somewhere. it is dull and dark here! hope things continue to improve for you. btw still not cutting!
I'm so proud of you for not cutting! Good for you! Way to go!

Today I'm feeling mixed meaning that I feel really, really good, but tired at the same time. I'm wondering if this is what a mixed episode feels like? I've never been in a mixed state before, so I don't know... All I know is that I wish I could counteract how I feel so that I'm feeling one way or the other, but not both. It's making me feel uneasy -- manic almost -- yet exhausted at the same time. Has anyone else felt this way? By the way, I hope the med change (i.e. taking Abilify in the morning) works well for you. Today the nurse told me the sun is shining again today, but the weather is cold.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #25
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Seaturtle,

Wen you get a chance check your PM.

kat

Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #26
Inactive
(female)

Dreams,

I don't think I would like mixed states either, I have to be one or the other, and for me it's always depressed. But I would be really freaked out if that happened if that happeded.

I am so impressed at how well you handle att these situations, I don't think I could do it half as well as you do it,

kat

Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks, Kat! I'm stunned that I experienced the variety of episodes I did over the past 2 weeks, but each and every one of them was confirmed by the attending pdoc and my tdoc. My tdoc can spot mania a mile away and whenever he points out the fact that I'm manic, he's always right. LOL. (By the way, he can usually tell this by my rapid speech, flight of ideas, confusion, difficulty concentrating). During my last manic episode (the one prior to my current hospitalization) I had an enormously difficult time focusing on what my tdoc was saying. I had to ask him to repeat every sentence because I couldn't remember what he said. Then I had to ask him to break down his sentences into simple, short phrases so that I could concentrate on what he was telling or asking me. It was as difficult as answering a question posed by a member of Mensa. LOL.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Closed Thread