It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

lwelch03 HB User
Memory Loss...really weird

As I have stated before, I have never been diagnosed with BP, but suspect that I may have it. For the third day in a row, I called and called and called around for a psychiatrist. NOBODY takes new patients without insurance. I tried calling the hospital and they told me to call back and talk to a certain person at such and such time and of course I forgot to call. UGH! I have been forgetting EVERYTHING lately. Is this another symptom of BP? I am only 22 years old and should NOT be forgetting things like I have been. For example, Tuesday night after work (11 pm), my fiance told me to grab cat food on the way home from work. I went to Wal-Mart and pushed a shopping cart around aimlessly because I couldn't remember why I was at the store. I tried calling him to ask him, but of course he didn't answer the phone. I was soo tired that I was nodding off WHILE I WAS WALKING AND PUSHING THE SHOPPING CART!!! I ran into a shelf full of food and knocked everything down. By this time, I was getting completely frustrated and decided it was time to just leave. I had no idea why I was there and didn't think I was going to ever figure it out. Before I got to the front of the store, he called me and asked if I was almost home. He was shocked to hear that I was still at the store. I made him stay on the phone with me until I got the cat food.

I don't know if anything like this has ever happened to anyone, but it sure was weird. I'm ALWAYS tired...REALLY tired...EXHAUSTED tired. I have been this way since I was a little girl, but the last week or two I have been that tired Xs ten.

I just thought I would share that story with everyone and see if anyone can relate or if I'm just losing my mind???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Memory Loss...really weird

I can relate to both of your symptoms. Whenever I'm experiencing a depressive episode or am coming down from a manic episode, I feel extremely tired and have zero energy. I also have severe short term memory loss which in my case I believe is due to my bipolar meds. Ever since I started taking meds for my bipolar 2 years ago, my memory has been completely shot and I need to write everything down as well as create "To Do" lists. It's very frustrating. Have you contacted the psychology department at a local university? They will have a psychiatrist on staff who sees clients once a week for free or a nominal charge.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
(female)

jennie007 HB User
Re: Memory Loss...really weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwelch03 View Post
As I have stated before, I have never been diagnosed with BP, but suspect that I may have it. For the third day in a row, I called and called and called around for a psychiatrist. NOBODY takes new patients without insurance. I tried calling the hospital and they told me to call back and talk to a certain person at such and such time and of course I forgot to call. UGH! I have been forgetting EVERYTHING lately. Is this another symptom of BP? I am only 22 years old and should NOT be forgetting things like I have been. For example, Tuesday night after work (11 pm), my fiance told me to grab cat food on the way home from work. I went to Wal-Mart and pushed a shopping cart around aimlessly because I couldn't remember why I was at the store. I tried calling him to ask him, but of course he didn't answer the phone. I was soo tired that I was nodding off WHILE I WAS WALKING AND PUSHING THE SHOPPING CART!!! I ran into a shelf full of food and knocked everything down. By this time, I was getting completely frustrated and decided it was time to just leave. I had no idea why I was there and didn't think I was going to ever figure it out. Before I got to the front of the store, he called me and asked if I was almost home. He was shocked to hear that I was still at the store. I made him stay on the phone with me until I got the cat food.

I don't know if anything like this has ever happened to anyone, but it sure was weird. I'm ALWAYS tired...REALLY tired...EXHAUSTED tired. I have been this way since I was a little girl, but the last week or two I have been that tired Xs ten.

I just thought I would share that story with everyone and see if anyone can relate or if I'm just losing my mind???
You are not, I am glad I read your mess. I thought I was the only one. I am so forgetful, aimlessly wondering in the store. My mom has alzimeirs, and she reminds me to pick up her meds. and a couple other things, guess who forgets 2 out of 5 things. I was diagnosed with bipolor, 1998, always new somthing was wrong just thought it was everyone else not me. I am in a very good program, I don't have insurance, they have case workers, Psyciatrists, and all the groups you need. Give them a call, Training and treatment Inovations, # 248-969-9932, In Oxford, MI Hope I helped, send a mess. to me If you like.

Closed Thread