It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Feeling "Mixed" Today/Question

Hi everyone,

Today I'm feeling mixed meaning that I feel really, really good, but tired at the same time. I'm wondering if this is what a mixed episode feels like? I've never been in a mixed state before, so I don't know... All I know is that I wish I could counteract how I feel so that I'm feeling one way or the other, but not both. It's making me feel uneasy -- manic almost -- yet exhausted at the same time. Has anyone else felt this way?
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 02-16-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User
Smile Re: Feeling "Mixed" Today/Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
Hi everyone,

Today I'm feeling mixed meaning that I feel really, really good, but tired at the same time. I'm wondering if this is what a mixed episode feels like? I've never been in a mixed state before, so I don't know... All I know is that I wish I could counteract how I feel so that I'm feeling one way or the other, but not both. It's making me feel uneasy -- manic almost -- yet exhausted at the same time. Has anyone else felt this way?
usually when i'm mixed, one minute i'm feeling good, next minute suicidal, next minute really depressed and round and round it goes. xanax helps. if you're feeling tired it is your body telling you that you need more rest. exhaustion is difficult to deal with but rest might allow you to continue to feel good. the tiredness might be a side effect of meds. wishing you well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Feeling "Mixed" Today/Question

Several people (5 of them) on another bipolar board told me that what I'm experiencing is definitely a mixed episode. They've experienced them and told me that my symptoms describe it perfectly. As far as anxiety is concerned, I feel as if I'm on speed right now and as if I want to jump out of my skin. I have an appointment with the attending pdoc this afternoon and have informed the nurse of how I'm feeling. She is of the opinion that what I'm experiencing may very likely be a mixed episode due to the raise in my Fluoxetine from 20mg to 40mg. I tried sleeping, but can't. I'm too wound up.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

i really shojldn't be listening to people on mesage boards i spoke to my pdoc who said i'm having a mixed episode he will be adjusting my meds although i don't remeber what exactlt he told me i'm hving racing thougths right now they won't stop they re playing overa nd over again in my head i hope the meds they give me work soon because i can't stand to feel extremely happy and depressed and tired and axnious at the ame time i will post again later to let you know how i'm diong i'm going to try and go to sleep becuse if i don't the racing thoughts won't stop
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
(female)

xblondeangel650 HB User

I prob go through that 3-4x a week and it's so confusin and frustrasting not only for me,but for my boyfriend who I live with.I could be a real crank in the morning and as soon as the afternoon comes,I'm as hyper as can be.There are days when I want to sleep for a few hours at a time because I don't feel like seeing the world,it's my down fall.I am on Fluoxetine 20mg as well and Depakote ER 1000mg,the Fluoxetine puts me in
"2nd winds" through out the day so I'm drowsy often.I've calmed down quite a bit from the hell I was going through last week,thank goodness for that!

The new frustration is my NEW Therapist,I've had 5 sessions with him and he hasn't gotten anywhere with me!I highly doubt he deals with Bipolar patients and tried rediagnosing me with just main stream depression?I've had Mixed Bp for a couple years now,I don't know,it's all stressfull/confusing.Just hang in there,we all go through this!

Old 02-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

I hate feeling mixed too. I was feeling like that on Valentine's Day. One minute I felt happy and the next just tired and depressed and then like I was panicked and I wanted to run away from everything. I hate it so much. I have been feeling better yesterday and today though. It seems like my moods always get crazy on the special days when I want to feel good!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

blondeangel and babygirl,

Thank you both for responding. What babygirl stated is exactly how I feel right now and I HATE it. I'd rather be manic or depressed, but not both. I hate the feeling of anxiety and the tiredness yet feeling highly energized, depressed and as if I want to cry nonstop. If truth be told, I don't know how anyone can feel this way. It's so confusing. I'd gladly take a manic or depressed episode over mixed because at least I'm feeling one way and instead of feeling several different emotions at once. I hope I haven't offended any of you by what I've said (I didn't mean to), but I'm really having a tough time dealing with this. Fortunately my racing thoughts are now gone although I still feel manic and depressed. The attending pdoc said this should calm down eventually although he could not tell me specifically when. That's fine by me though because I'm just glad my racing thoughts are gone.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter,

My Depakote was raised from 1500mg/day to 2000mg/day but I don't know if that's enough to make me feel tired. My pdoc told me that I'm probably tired due to the constant rapid cycling I've had over the past 2 weeks.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-17-2009, 04:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
irishwriter,

My Depakote was raised from 1500mg/day to 2000mg/day but I don't know if that's enough to make me feel tired. My pdoc told me that I'm probably tired due to the constant rapid cycling I've had over the past 2 weeks.
sorry, that is what i meant, that you are probably exhausted by the whole thing. i always though mixed was the same thing a rapid cycling?? i have dysphoric mania so unfortunately i usually don't get the highs or maybe sometimes a mild form. did pdoc give you anything to help you sleep. it is impossible to rest with mind going all over the place. thinking of you.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't know if being mixed is the same thing as rapid cycling or not. Although I've been a rapid cycler for the past 2 years, I've never been mixed, so I do not know.

My pdoc gave me a 300mg PRN dosage of my Trazodone to help me sleep. I'm glad he did because otherwise there would have been no way I would have been able to fall asleep last night.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

I called my tdoc today for a telephone session and good news! According to him as well as the attending pdoc, I'm currently in a hypomanic state which is good because it means that my moods are starting to level out. During our phone call we discussed several things including creating a written contract indicating that I would call him (or go to the ER) before harming myself if I felt suicidal. We both agreed that this would be a good idea since it would be concrete and I would have something in writing to remind myself that I do have options before deciding to hurt myself. Of course, the only time I could break the contract would be if I were actively psychotic or paranoid since I obviously wouldn't be lucid enough to call anyone for help. How did your pdoc appointment go today? Well, I hope! P.S. The pdoc told me that I will be discharged in another 3-4 days if my mood continues to stabilize.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-18-2009, 03:30 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Kat,

I called my tdoc today for a telephone session and good news! According to him as well as the attending pdoc, I'm currently in a hypomanic state which is good because it means that my moods are starting to level out. During our phone call we discussed several things including creating a written contract indicating that I would call him (or go to the ER) before harming myself if I felt suicidal. We both agreed that this would be a good idea since it would be concrete and I would have something in writing to remind myself that I do have options before deciding to hurt myself. Of course, the only time I could break the contract would be if I were actively psychotic or paranoid since I obviously wouldn't be lucid enough to call anyone for help. How did your pdoc appointment go today? Well, I hope! P.S. The pdoc told me that I will be discharged in another 3-4 days if my mood continues to stabilize.
am very glad to hear you are stabilising and willsoon be discharged. i feel a bit of a failure because i nearly made six days but rapid cycling and agitation triggered major down lastnight and after hours of fighting it i gave in. ******.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm sorry to hear that irishwriter. That's okay. We all have our bad days. Hang in there! By the way, how often do you rapid cycle? I cycle hourly and sometimes minute by minute.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-19-2009, 04:33 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that irishwriter. That's okay. We all have our bad days. Hang in there! By the way, how often do you rapid cycle? I cycle hourly and sometimes minute by minute.
Yeah, same as that, sometimes hourly and minute by minute, particularly on 20 of lexapro. hope you're feeling better.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm doing well irishwriter. Thanks! I'm actually feeling level today and have finally come down from my hypomania. I'm definitely a happy camper.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Closed Thread