It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User
Any old bp members still around?

Don't know if anyone remembers me or not = )

Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Any old bp members still around?

I've seen you before Dee-nah. Welcome back! How have you been?
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

I've actually been really good I just had a baby and as far as my BP is concerned it NEVER affected me

I'm 7 months post partrum and just started Ativan... I have a lot going on my father is dying of lung cancer MAJOR TRIGGER

I went to the doctors last week and I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to my fellow BP'ers again...

A little leary since I no longer know anybody

Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Hi Dee-nah! I remember you. I don't know if you remember me or not. I was happy to see your post because I don't know anyone on here anymore either. It's funny, but I haven't logged in in about a year! And there you were.

So, you had a baby? Congrats! I just posted a question about taking BP meds during pregnancy. I actually got pregnant last year and quit using the meds about a month before. I got about 3 mos along and lost the baby. So I had been off the meds at that time for 4 mos. My doc told us to wait another two months to try again, and during that time I went totally manic! I was partying every night, almost divorced my husband, and went to the OBGYN and got an IUD so I didn't get pregnant! It went on for a number of months before I went back to the doc and got on my meds again. Now I'm on a huge cocktail ~ Lamictal (300mg); Celexa (40mg); Seroquel (25 to 40mg for sleep); and Klonopin (25mg as needed). It's some kind of cocktail considering before I was only on 200mg of Lamictal. After my manic episode and the severity of it, I'm so afraid to get off of it for any length of time. I think I could make it through my first trimester; anything longer than that scares me! All is forgiven between me and my husband, who is very aware of my condition and very supportive as long as I'm on the meds. And I completely understand. I broke his heart, and he's such a good man. Never wanted to let me go all those months since he knew what was going on. It was awful. Anyway, it's been about 9 mos since then so all is well, and now we're thinking maybe by the end of this year trying again (before I get too old).

So nice to "see" you again. I guess I gave you an earful, but I was excited to hear about your experience, as I've been searching for information on it right as we speak!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

HI!!! It's really nice to see a familiar face

I went off my meds a month before I got pregnant.. I was at the point where I was more physically sick then mentally THANK GOD I did! I think the hormones from the pregnancy worked to my benefit I felt GREAT mentally... I had my moments but they were never bi polar moments. So far I'm having a couple paniac attacks so now I'm on ativan.....I'm HOPING I don't have to start the whole "cocktail" process... The doc did say that he may put me on Topamax (i was complaining of migranes) once the ativan kicks in.. My father is dying and I'm not taking it to good...

I'm sorry you lost your baby = ( I couldn't even imagine I'm glad you are starting the process soon *baby dust*...

I see you had an adventure, lol... Sounds like you have a very loving and understanding husband...

You just describing the whole med cycle just gave me the chills.... didn't miss that!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

duh.... I did have my baby = ) A little girl she is 7 months and already has a little attitude, lol.. She is beautiful....

Old 02-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User

Hi guys - it's Nut here...

I too stopped posting for a while and came back and didn't recognise any of the names...

Good to see you both back dee-nah and gav_73..

Ever so sorry to hear about your sad news Dee-nah, please try to take gentle care of yourself at this time...

Nut.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

I'm so glad to see the both of you one here!!!! Odd that we all came back around the same time

How have you been, Nut??

Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on here and talk. I guess because I was away for so long, I forgot I even wrote on here until today. I'm trying to get one of my friends on here for some support. He's recently diagnosed and I tell him how awesome this board is and how much comfort it gave me when I was diagnosed. I'm so happy that you were able to get through your pregnancy so easily. You know, I have a 15 year old, and when I was pregnant with her, I remember it being wonderful, I felt great! However, this last pregnancy was totally different. My hormones were all over the place, I was a nutcase. It's so great to see you guys on here. It's been such a long time. I'll try to get on here more often. I used to be on here everyday! I need to get back into the habit.

Closed Thread