It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Back to Feeling Level

Hi everyone,

After feeling emotionally exhausted, taking a Clonazepam and sleeping for most of the day yesterday, I'm back to feeling level today. It feels so good not to be rapid cycling, manic or depressed for a change. Let's hope this new med (Clonazepam) will help keep me level so that I don't cycle between mania and depression. My pdoc would like to reduce my rapid cycling to once or twice a day and seems confident that this new med will do the trick. My next appointment with him is on Monday, so I plan to track my moods between now and then so I can let him know if this med is working as hoped. On another note, I found some extra money at home that I can use towards purchasing Clonazepam for the next 3 months. Needless to say, I'm a very happy camper!
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Back to Feeling Level

Thanks, Kapula! It's now approaching 5pm here and I haven't rapid cycled all day, so that's definitely a good sign.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hey girl,

well at least someone has some good luck around here. Hell I'm still trying to figure out why God or the Universe or whatever people on this board believe in hates me so much and constantly throws my life in the hole. I'm just not sure it's worth it to do this anymore, it just doesn't feel like it is. I'm glad you found some $ so you can get your meds.

Kat

Old 02-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

Try to hang in there, okay? Take things one day at a time. I know it's easier said than done, but do it for me and Seaturtle. Please?
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Dreams,

I'm trying and I bounce back and forth throughout the day, but today has just been really bad. I woke up with a migraine, too much stress, and a cold front came in, my 2 triggers. I'm just so confused at the way that I was fired that I can't let it go. And like I told Seaturtle in a post, I think the fact that this is happening and I'm alone, without my husband, is making it a hundred times more scarier to me. It just feels like I'm losing everything. And it would be so easy just to not "be". I stay in bed most of the day anyway, I'm even having trouble taking care of Nick....I just don't know.

I do appreciate your support more than you know, and I am trying sometimes hour by hour...I just don't know what good its' doing...

K

Last edited by katlin09; 02-27-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: wrong word

Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

Why don't you keep your computer on throughout the day and post/vent whenever you need to? I know that won't solve your problems, but perhaps it will help you feel a little better and not so alone? That's what I do and it does help some.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

I am posting more this last couple of days, 'puter is a laptop so i carry it all over the apartment. But it does help to talk it out.

I'm going to a friends house to spend the night tommorrow, my son is at his dads, and when I'm alone for the weekend, especially right now, people practically don't allow me to be by myself, someone always has to be babysitting me.

So I won't be around much tomorrow, but I will on Sunday. BTW why are you and I not sleeping right now???

kat

Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

I'm not sleeping because I drank too much orange soda which made me feel a little wired. I know I shouldn't have, but I had a craving and couldn't resist. How about you?

Thanks for letting me know that you won't be around tomorrow. It's good to know I won't have to worry about where you are.

I hope you have a good weekend. I plan to run some errands and put the extra money I found in the bank so I'm not tempted to spend it.

If I feel up to it, I also plan to take Tigger for a nice long walk. She deserves it after my being in the house for God knows how long.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Dreams,

Sometimes I don't sleep when I badly depressed, and I think tonight is going to be one of those nights. I just kind of lay in bed and think of all the bad stuff 'cuz I can't make my brain shut down.

I did take a klonopin earlier, which is doing absolutely nothing, And I just took a 300mg Seroquel about 30 min ago, so hopefully that will make me sleepy, we'll see.

Tomorrow will be my kitty's first night here alone and he's got the sniffles and sneezes, hope he doesn't tear the house apart. Have you ever tried to put Vicks on a cats nose????Not fun.

kat

Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

No, I can't say that I've done that before, but I have tried to give my previous guide dog (a 65 pound golden retreiver) a haeartworm pill and struggled like the dickens to get her to swallow it.

It's just after 3am here and I'm still awake. I really don't want to take a higher PRN dosage of my Traozodone because I want to be alert tomorrow morning so I can get a jump start on my errands (grocery shopping, bank, drugstore, walking Tigger).

If I don't feel up to doing everything later today, I'll do half today and the other half tomorrow.

Have a good weekend! I'm sure your kitten will be fine. If it turns out that he's not and does wind up getting into something, you might want to invest in a crate.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

well I stayed home and didn't go anywhere...I just can't get out of this hell hole of depression, don't want to be around anyone don't want to talk to anyone, just wish people would leave me alone.

I've got things to do around the house anyway, if I can get the energy to do them. Kitty still has a stuffy nose, put vicks on him again today, so will just have to watch him. Can't afford a vet bill right now. Haven't even been using the heater, to save on the electric bill. Without Nick here I can do that. Sposed to snow tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

Does Trazadone "stuff" you up, like stuffy nose? I've tried it and it stuffs me up big time, then I end up panicking before I fall asleep. But it's on the Wallyworld $4 list, so I'm going to try it again, and just use some nosespray or something with it.

k

Old 02-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

Yes, Trazodone does tend to make my nose feel stuffy to where it's difficult for me to breathe at night. It doesn't help that I have year round allergies, so what I do is use a humidifier during the winter to make breathing easier.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Closed Thread