It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
(male)

HardCore2003 HB User
Post Could it be...

I do not fully under stand bipolar, but my emotions do change alot within a day to a week. Like, i can be normal teenager for a week or few days than it hits me when i cry that night or wrake up crying. I do get atleast 7 hours of sleep, and i am stessed out. I know it couldn't be depression because i would be sad all the time which i'm not. I'm not even sure what i am crying about, but it's normally about stuff that been happening latly, like this mourning when i cryed i thought about my hopes and dreams, that it all fails on me and to give up and it's not gonna happen. I have a great dream, and i get my hopes up alot and than let down cause it dosn't happen. I'm like cursed, cause everytime something good happens, something wose happens to be later. Like i said i can be happy for few days or a week. but within 2 weeks atleast 5 days are sad. So Could it be bipolar or is it just bring a normal teenager like everyone tells me? Please give me the respec and full replys. I well awser your questions if you need more info, in order to help me.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Could it be...

None of us can diagnose you since we aren't medical professionals, but it very well could be bipolar. It could also be normal phases of being a teen. Based on what you've written though, it sounds like you rapid cycle between feeling normal and feeling sad. If you're concerned about this (and it sounds like you are), I would ask your parents to take you to a psychiatrist for an evaluation. You might also talk to a school counselor about the symptoms you are experiencing. Good luck!
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-06-2009 at 06:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Could it be...

I agree with Dreams, as that is really the only way that you're going to be able to get an accurate question to your answers. I know you don't want to go to a pdoc or tdoc from a response you gave on the other board....but sometimes doing what we don't want is the only way to help ourselves. If you are BiPolar.....99.9% of the time the only way to treat it is through medications and if you pair that with therapy, that's usually a very good combo to get things under control and stable.

kat

Closed Thread