It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 AM   #1
(female)

mowgli HB User
just have to tell you all

I know this is me blowing my own trumpet- but I am excited! You guys have probably noticed my babbling today on the board, and I do apologise, especially as the posts are really long. There is a reason, and it's not coz i'm hypo or anything.
It's been two weeks and two days since I have had anything alcoholic to drink, or anything dopey to smoke!!!! I can't believe how much clearer my mind is, i do still get blanks and my typing seems to have gone to the dogs- but reckon that's the medication, which I have not missed, and I have been conscientious of sticking to a routine. I have also been taking it easy with myself, and being nice to myself. I have two weeks before I have to go back to work, and want to get myself into a good headspace before I do, coz that's gunna be a whole new ball game- I will need everything I have I think.

But I am especially proud of myself for not drinking or smoking today- it's my birthday and I didn't even have one to celebrate!!! Yay me!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: just have to tell you all

Happy Birthday. and congratulations for not drinking or smoking....

hugs, Caren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Mowgli,

To the tune of b flat,,,

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Biirrtthhddddaaayyyyy Dear Mogli,
Happy Birthday to you!

I am so inspired by you and your accomplishment. Great Job GF! Keep up the good work, and you have all the reason in the world to toot your own horn and shout from the BP rooftops. Keep it up and if you need any support you just come and get one of us and we'll be there with you.

One more time...GREAT JOB!!!!

kat

Old 03-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

This is wonderful news!!! Congrats and happy birthday!!!
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 03-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
(female)

mowgli HB User

Aw Shucks guys- thanks!

Old 03-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
I know this is me blowing my own trumpet- but I am excited! You guys have probably noticed my babbling today on the board, and I do apologise, especially as the posts are really long. There is a reason, and it's not coz i'm hypo or anything.
It's been two weeks and two days since I have had anything alcoholic to drink, or anything dopey to smoke!!!! I can't believe how much clearer my mind is, i do still get blanks and my typing seems to have gone to the dogs- but reckon that's the medication, which I have not missed, and I have been conscientious of sticking to a routine. I have also been taking it easy with myself, and being nice to myself. I have two weeks before I have to go back to work, and want to get myself into a good headspace before I do, coz that's gunna be a whole new ball game- I will need everything I have I think.

But I am especially proud of myself for not drinking or smoking today- it's my birthday and I didn't even have one to celebrate!!! Yay me!
Awesome for you! I too am in the process of stopping drinking. No good every comes out of it. I commend you and should toot your own horn. That's a major accomplishment. It's one of the hardest things to stop. Congratuations to you and happy birthday!

Closed Thread