It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Anxiety

yesturday I went out with my family to eat and I had anxiety about driving across a railroad track... I seem to worry about simple things... today I cooked some chicken and worried that it wasnt cooked through.. This isnt like this... Does any one got Anxiety as it relates to Bipolar.?

hug,s Caren

Bipolar 1

Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Anxiety

My anxiety is through the roof started getting bad when my husband assaulted me again a month or so ago. Never stops all day everyday, so my pdoc put me on Buspar, because Klonopin being the strongest benzo can be too dependence causing if taken too long, and already dependent on a couple of serious pain meds, so he didn't want to add another to the list. Buspar has made a big difference and knocked the anxiety out, I just had to have it increased last week, and may have to add a bit more this week, but we'll see.

Hope this helps.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

I experience a great deal of anxiety whenever I'm manic. I'm so anxious that I feel like I could jump out of my skin. My pdoc recently prescribed Clonazepam (Klonopin) to help control my rapid cycling which I'm supposed to take whenever I feel myself rapid cycle into mania or agitation. I haven't been anxious since starting this med, but have no doubt that it will help address my symptoms when they occur.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-09-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

I definitely get anxiety all the time. I have major social anxiety, and many times I too fear the small things. I get anxiety when it's really windy outside. I'm afraid a tree is going to fall on my house. I think it is associated with the bipolar. When I get racing thoughts I get very anxious too. I don't like them, but I can't stop them so that makes me anxious. When this does happen, I try to do something relaxing, like taking deep breaths, taking a relaxing bubble bath, or even napping, if I can sleep. Is this a new symtom for you, does it come and go, or is it constant?

Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
(female)

mowgli HB User

Yup- I get general anxiety, where I just get so anxious that that I can't do anything- just walk around in circles or go to bed and pull the covers over my head; i haven't had full on panic attacks this time thank goodness- they suck majorly! I also get specified anxiety about particular things, could be anything, I have to cross roads at crossings because I'm so scared of getting run over, I understand completely about the railway crossings- especially ones without controls!! I freak if someone uses their mobile anywhere near a petrol station, and I can't stand being around people I don't know- sometimes even people I do know, and simply cannot have an off the cuff conversation without stuttering and sound like a 5 year old instead of the intelligent person I am! The worst is I haven't done my taxes for 5 years because of the anxiety it causes me.
I am on seroquel 100mg of a night to help- and it a god send, I'm not sure it's smart to become emotionally attached to a medication, but it's made such a difference! I also have 5mg diazapam to take PRN and also seroquel 25mg PRN, these effect me differently- the diazepam effects the physical anxiety symptoms which just go off on their own- I think they must be triggered by learnt things- like pavlovs dog? And the mini seroquels work on my mind for those times something happens and it takes of on it's own.
I have also found that SSRIs will heighten the anxiety and s/h urges even with a mood stablizer, I have been on cymbalta for 2 weeks and so far so good...
The other thing is that everytime I start a new med the anxiety presents itself differently- everything from the gut-churning, tense muscles, shallow breathing, shaking to heart palpitations, legs giving way under me, falling asleep, to the latest feeling like my heart is on fire- this is a new one and not very nice, but not so frequent!

Old 03-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
(female)

jeannie22353 HB User

I use to have the worst panic attacks and anxiety, to the point that I fainted while driving on a major highway. Ever since, i've been on Paxil, It has saved my life and made me a new person. I have never had an attack ever since I started taking it. Don't be afraid to take medication for the disorder it can be a life savor for you too.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

I wanted to add that I also experience a high degree of anxiety whenever I have flashbacks due to PTSD. My pdoc prescribed Fluoxetine for bipolar depression, but I've found that it also helps control my anxiety levels remarkably well.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-09-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Closed Thread