It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

Leah T HB User
am i manic too ?

Everything was going well for a few days again since my first post here , we seemed to be on even ground again with my possibly manic girlfriend , then tonight I asked her if she had spoken to her first love again , instant change in mood and not wanting to talk about it on her behalf , so I asked if she still intended to meet him in june or had she told him to bog off , she said she was still going to meet him , I asked why , she didn't have a reason , i got a bit angry and frustrated again and said I would call him up and grabbed her bag with her phone in , she flipped and hit me numerous times trying to make me give it back , screaming at the top of her voice almost hysterically , telling me to calm down , when i wasn't even a quarter as hysterical as her ????

Cue it's all over again , but i am finding it really hard to just leave her

A big part of me wants to help her

A big part of me loves her unconditionally

and a big part of me is so close to the edge i have been having very horrible thoughts

when i look back over the past i have had many many depressive periods , and when my chips are down i seem to remember every bad thing that has been said or done to me , as well as every embarrassing moment - it even makes me question my gender dysphoria as a possible escape from the ups and downs i was always having since a child , or is it the gender dysphoria that has caused this - sigh !!!!

My girlfriend during her episode tonight seemed to have forgotten all she had said a few days ago about finding lots in common with bipolar folks and again was like a brick wall impervious to anything i say or do to try to make her see what she is doing , she never has a logical or rational answer for anything and is either attacking , insulting or says something nasty thats completely unrelated to anything

I have questioned my self lots in the last 2 years or so , is it me causing all this , am I the one who is overreacting , I have had to ask my parents and friends their opinions on this matter , being brutally honest about everything happening on both sides , ( often actually toning down what she has been like or done to avoid people hating her ) and i have been mostly told that I am the stable one , i have faults and I know what they are and can admit to them and sometimes act upon them to improve myself (when not depressed)

she says she has asked her friends the same things but i believe she leaves out the bad things she does or says and just moans off about me , hence not getting any real advice from anyone , just what she wants to hear ( same as with her status messages leaving out important facts like her punching me 3 times and warning her i would slap her face if she continued to be hysterical - and simply saying i had hit her and she wouldn;t accept that or let anyone do that to her again !!! )

I am at the end of my tether , maybe I am completely wrong for her and am the cause of all this , but she has told me she has been like this in past relationships and has been infatuated with about 70-80 different guys ( she read her old diaries while in poland this february )

tonight during her most angry moments she said she would set up my friend and get him put in jail ???

she wont listen to any of my family , who she was very close with over our relationship , but as they tell her more and more that she is ill and needs help and also what she is doing to me and how it affects me , she has just put up another impervious wall , and noone is getting through to her

seriously , what do i do as I have run out of ideas and am now myself on the edge

Leah x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
(female)

caitlin122 HB User
Re: am i manic too ?

Leah,
It can be very strenuous on the people who have to deal with a loved one with bipolar. It could be the stress of the situation itself, and the possibility of the relationship being over, but if you are truly concerned for yourself, I would recommend seeing a therapist for an appointment and having him/her do a bipolar assessment test. They will ask you a bunch of questions, and they will be able to give you a more definite answer. But you have to make you give all info on your behavior. Not only the depressive states, but the times when you feel that you are experiencing mania as well. If you only give your depressive symptoms you could be wrongly diagnosed with depression. Let me know how everything goes. I'm always willing to give advice, as I had a hard time when I first diagnosed 10 years ago. I hope all goes well for you, but I would definitely get a doctor appt ASAP.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Been HB User
Re: am i manic too ?

Hi Leah,

I haven't read your earlier post, just this one.

Clearly both of you have some problems to deal with and your focus must be on yourself. If you are erratic, unstable and upset/worried all the time then nothing will work for you will it? If you are with someone even more so, then it's nightmare time.

The lady you write about sounds to me very much like she loves playing games with people. 70 - 80 infatuations? Leah, run in the other direction, please. She's telling you she will hurt you isn't she? From what you've written I know the type you are writing about only too well. They'll never be content, always hurt and never give anyone what they need.

Give yourself the biggest break in your life and break away and start seeking doc's advice about your own issues. Please?

Closed Thread