It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

cattownfl HB User
Please help?

I was put on the Lactimal starter Kit Friday; I guess the doses start at 25mg up to 100mg in a 5 week period. I have taken it since Friday, I am still depressed and having some anxiety. I just got to work, and I donít think I can make it though the day. Ic alled my pdoc and left a message if Ic an start taking lexapro with it to help. Iím basically worse at work, I just feel like hiding from everyone and I have no motivation. I talked to HR and told them i was diagnosed with BP and I filled out some FMLA form, so I will see how that goes. I have a huge meeting all day tomorrow about 60 people will be in it, and I work with all men I will be the only female there. I donít think I can manage this at all, I already have plans to call in tomorrow and I am going to tell this to my pdoc and have her give me a note for the missed day. I simply feel like I can barely function at work anymore and I donít know what to do? On top of this I have so much stress at home because my BF lost his job and I am the only one brining in any income.
I guess my question is, donít you think I did the right thing by telling HR whatís going on? Not everything just that i was diagnosed as BP,I did talk to my manager and told him " I was going through some personal stuff, because I donít feel he needs to know the details.
Does everyone here work, how do you get through he ruff patches? I think I need to go home I canít make it through the day. I fell like crying right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: Please help?

I am sorry that you are having a hard day and need to go home.... at least you have this place to vent in..... hope it helps

hugs, Caren

Bipolar 1

Old 03-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
(male)

wilkdawg HB User

Ive been having a rough morning myself. I dont know if this helps but our mutual "friend" blocks our ability to respond to any stimulus that might break through the haze, the numbness. We almost forget things that we not only know but have used successfully countless times. for me, im a teacher and it wasnt until certain students greeted me that I took that stimulus into account. The depression can make that stuff bounce off me but eventually something gets through. So I remembered that I have students who are pleased to see me. Thats something. It's just enough. Then maybe theres a coworker to talk to that may be pleased to see me. That seeps through. Then I walk out into fresh air and that lands a blow. When the depression is weakened, I decide its over. I dont know how to explain that last part. I just find the moment of clarity I need to make a conscious decision to stop feeling bad. Does it go away? Sometimes. Sometimes temporarily. But using your environment, remaining open to all stimulae, thats what Im trying to say I guess.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Since you just started taking Lamictal on Friday, it will take some time for it to work. The starting therapeutic dose is 100mg.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now. I can't offer any advice regarding job performance since I'm a college student. All I can say is that I struggle too. I failed my classes last semester and came close to failing last spring due to mania, depression, auditory hallucinations, delusions and racing thoughts. I'm 2 courses away from earning my Bachelor's degree and sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to make it. Anyways, I emphasize with you. I really do.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Do you have anyone that can run interference for you? My assisstant was a very good friend of mine, and she would keep me in check. She would keep me in the office if I was manic or too depressed and she kept people out to help me not get too overwhelmed.

Just a thought for you.

kat

Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
(female)

cattownfl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Do you have anyone that can run interference for you? My assisstant was a very good friend of mine, and she would keep me in check. She would keep me in the office if I was manic or too depressed and she kept people out to help me not get too overwhelmed.

Just a thought for you.

kat
Well I am an assistant I support 50 people, so no thats not an option.My job can be very stressful at times.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
(male)

wilkdawg HB User

Im not sure if what I said helped but I know Id love to have someone run interference for me. Youre damn lucky to have someone who knows what to look for.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
(female)

texastoast HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilkey View Post
Ive been having a rough morning myself. I dont know if this helps but our mutual "friend" blocks our ability to respond to any stimulus that might break through the haze, the numbness. We almost forget things that we not only know but have used successfully countless times. for me, im a teacher and it wasnt until certain students greeted me that I took that stimulus into account. The depression can make that stuff bounce off me but eventually something gets through. So I remembered that I have students who are pleased to see me. Thats something. It's just enough. Then maybe theres a coworker to talk to that may be pleased to see me. That seeps through. Then I walk out into fresh air and that lands a blow. When the depression is weakened, I decide its over. I dont know how to explain that last part. I just find the moment of clarity I need to make a conscious decision to stop feeling bad. Does it go away? Sometimes. Sometimes temporarily. But using your environment, remaining open to all stimulae, thats what Im trying to say I guess.
I totally identify with everything you said there. When my lows are really bad, absoltuely nothing interests me, not even the things I used to like or love. My music, reading, even the people I love, nothing breaks through. Then suddenly one day I'm okay again. And all this is with many, many different meds, and it's hardly ever a med change that makes the diff!

That's why I'm now a person who's still on meds (30 years and counting), but seriously looking to explore other options.

Closed Thread