It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

sck7 HB User
Is this bipolar?

So I am finding that my thoughts are completely out of control, they are way faster than normal and I feel as though my mind is on autopilate and one thought just goes to another and another. For a while I also felt I was a little more outgoing than normal and saying things that I would normally keep to myself. Sometimes when I am thinking at normal speed I will get some random thought that has nothing to do with my train of thought. At night when I go to sleep I am sleepy but awake the whole night and after a while of closing my eyes my mind thinks all this random ********, and I feel like I am hearing voices and I am moving but when I open my eyes I dont experience these semi-hallucinations anymore. I heard this was common in bipolar but I'm not sure if I have it or not because my psychiatrist won't make any diagnosises until further assessment can be reached. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as well.

Also, I was really in a good mood a while ago and my thoughts were fast but as soon as I thought of one thing I went into a sudden depression that was completely low and ******. Luckily it only lasted for a while and that only happened once, so I don't know if bipolar is what I have or not but I'm so confused and worried that I could be developing it since my symthoms are too vague for my doctor to perscripe or diagnosis anything. Does anyone else have these problems as a sufferer of bipolar? Or are my symthoms not related?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Is this bipolar?

I've been hearing voices since 1991 and have bipolar. From what my pdoc told me, it's rare for people with bipolar to have auditory hallucinations (since it isn't a common symptom like mania or depression), but it is possible.

People who have schizophrenic symptoms along with bipolar are oftentimes diagnosed with atypical bipolar, bipolar NOS (not othewise specified), bipolar I or II with psychotic features or schizoaffective disorder.

As to whether or not you have bipolar, I can't say for certain since I'm not a medical professional, but some of the symptoms you've described are experienced by those who have bipolar. I have racing thoughts, can't sleep at night and hear voices too and I'm diagnosed as atypical bipolar 1 with ultradian rapid cycling.

It would be best if you write down all of your symptoms and give this to your pdoc so he can make a full evaluation.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 03-18-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Closed Thread