It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
(female)

xblondeangel650 HB User
Question Curious Questions On These Medications...

I have a few questions and concerns with my medications presently,I don't know if anyone is going through the same thing as well.I take Depakote ER 1000mg,Prozac 30mg,and just was prescribed Zyprexa 5mg.I've been taking the Depakote for about 6 months and it's giving me slight tremors all over my body,very annoying.It occurs especially at night when I need to relax and go to sleep,which is rare now.I'm suffering from insomnia 3-4 days a week as well as paranoia.I've spoke to my Pdoc today about the tremors,but she said it was common for patients taking the Depakote.Is it realy common???Zyprexia was also givin to me today in low dosage form to start out with,because I can't sleep from the rapic cycling.I never heard of this medication before and I'm very nervouse on new things heh Anyone tried this before or is on it now?I'm just posting for closure I guess,don't want to have another freak out.Please get back to me if ya can!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: Curious Questions On These Medications...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblondeangel650 View Post
I have a few questions and concerns with my medications presently,I don't know if anyone is going through the same thing as well.I take Depakote ER 1000mg,Prozac 30mg,and just was prescribed Zyprexa 5mg.I've been taking the Depakote for about 6 months and it's giving me slight tremors all over my body,very annoying.It occurs especially at night when I need to relax and go to sleep,which is rare now.I'm suffering from insomnia 3-4 days a week as well as paranoia.I've spoke to my Pdoc today about the tremors,but she said it was common for patients taking the Depakote.Is it realy common???Zyprexia was also givin to me today in low dosage form to start out with,because I can't sleep from the rapic cycling.I never heard of this medication before and I'm very nervouse on new things heh Anyone tried this before or is on it now?I'm just posting for closure I guess,don't want to have another freak out.Please get back to me if ya can!

Unfortunately I've taken Depakote but it was a long time ago, I don't remember any body tremors, it just made me zombieish. As far as the Zyprexa goes I've not taken it, but you can go to zyprexa.com and get tons of info from the official website for the medication.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

cocos421 HB User

I've taken Zyprexa before. When my pdoc gave it to me he said to put a lock on my refrigerator! It's a big weight gainer. I was only on it a short time, but I gained weight fast. I couldn't stop eating. I believed it helped calm me down from all the paranoia and stuff and then we switched to a different med.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

I was on Zyprexa myself for about a few weeks in the past. It didn't really help me in terms of my psychosis but it did actually help me sleep. Its such a weight gainer as well. Ask anyone about that and they'll say the same thing.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Closed Thread