It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

Angelinchat2 HB User
I am so frustrated...

I hate feeling out of control, not being able to focus and appear stupid. When like this I try to on a conversaton and say the dog sighs or I think something moved I will have totally forgot what I was saying. And forget it if is on the phone I totally mess that up!! I have a hard time reading...even these post. I'll lose my place or have to read sentence three or four times before I understand it. Also when like this I forget things a lot..stuff that was just a couple hours before. I get sooooooooo frustrated when my thoughts are faster than I can talk or type, It ends up me not making any sense and I get those looks that say slow down. Do you all go through this a lot?? I can not stand this feeling

Hashimotos
IBS/Gerd
Bipolar
PTSD
Panic and Anxiety Attacks
lower back/hip/leg pain being checked

Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
(female)

caitlin122 HB User
Re: I am so frustrated...

I definitely know how you feel. When my thoughts are racing, I can't slow down any of my other motor functions either. It is very frustrating and it's hard to slow down the thoughts. Maybe try some slow music and meditating to that music to try and slow down your thoughts. Also maybe try making a hot cup of tea, and taking a bubble bath. Anything relaxing can sometimes help to slow down your thoughts. Jenay, I know it's not easy and I know how frustrating it is. Please let me know if these ideas work. If not, please let me know any other way I can help. I really feel your pain, because I hate racing thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

caitlin has a ton of great ideas for you, i'd definitely try some of those, one thing though, make the tea decaf. I think we all go through this alot of the time. I actually have to use my finger and run it across the screen to follow the lines of type most of the time to read the posts, so that my eyes dont wander all over the page. It's not just you hon, it's just part of this lovely club we belong to. *sigh*

Let us know what we can do to help you through this hard time.

kat

Last edited by katlin09; 04-01-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Good idea Kat! I always forget about the caffenated and decaf thing. Sometimes, I even make myself a cup of tea that has caffeine, which totally defeats the purpose of trying to slow my mind down.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

My pdoc won't let me have any caffeine at all, and I also have Oxalate Kidney Stones and can't have caffiene, so I am just in the habit of buying everything caffiene free. Luckily there's one brand that makes my Earl Grey caffiene free.

kat

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

I have trouble with all of that, angel. I had to read your post several times as well. I have the most trouble with reading and I can't keep my mind on anything. Part of that is because I have a thought disorder which is part of the schizoaffective disorder I guess. That is what my old pdoc said to me. That is my current diagnosis anyway, it used to be bipolar. See, I can't even stay on topic. I am frustrated with myself as well!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Kat, I am so addicted to caffeine even th ough I know I shouldn't drink it at all. It is not good for the mental health. I just like that rush I get. Sometimes if I drink enough it reminds me of what mania can feel like. I am limiting myself to two cans of pop a day now though. No more going overboard. Or maybe two is going overboard. I am not sure!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

So Llma what is your current diagnosis. An you two think your bad, I just went to swat at a nat, and smacked myself in the face....I guess we're all pathetic in some way or another...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
Kat, I am so addicted to caffeine even th ough I know I shouldn't drink it at all. It is not good for the mental health. I just like that rush I get. Sometimes if I drink enough it reminds me of what mania can feel like. I am limiting myself to two cans of pop a day now though. No more going overboard. Or maybe two is going overboard. I am not sure!
I get my soda, it's just caffeine free...I'm trying to remember the last time I had caffiene, it's been a while. I don't really miss it. I'm supposed to drink it when I get a migraine and used to keep some regular coke stashed but the boys always found it and drank it, so I gave up on that...and really didn't notice a diff. since my migraines turned into cluster migraines I don't think a can of coke is going to matter.

kat

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

My current diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

they took the BiPolar away completely?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Kat,

I've tried drinking caffeine when I have a migraine, but they are too severe.

I drink one or two 12 oz. cans of soda/day. I don't drink as much soda as I used to. In the past, I could drink four to six 12 oz. cans in one day.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

i'm just losing my mind!!! have burned credit for phone twice! have put milk in press instead of fridge. keep forgetting things. --- a great life!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
i'm just losing my mind!!! have burned credit for phone twice! have put milk in press instead of fridge. keep forgetting things. --- a great life!
You've put milk "in press?" I'm sorry, I don't understand. What does that mean?

As for being forgetful, I've had that ever since I started taking BP meds 3 years ago.

I also have severe short term memory loss thanks to Depakote. Depakote is a great mood stabilizer for me, but I'm not too thrilled about the memory loss.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-02-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #15
(female)

Angelinchat2 HB User

Irish I feel your pain.

lol Dreams I have problem with short term memory and here I was thinking I was just getting a little older. You know when your body tells you can no longer do a split..lol. And thank you for wishing me luck.

I feel a little better this morning not so anxious but then I got some sleep 6 hrs. I should be able to stay calm when I see pdoc. I gotta write stuff down so that I can tell what is going or else I will forget some of it.

So I can look forward to the racing thoughts for rest of my life?? ughhhhhhhh

Hashimotos
IBS/Gerd
Bipolar
PTSD
Panic and Anxiety Attacks
lower back/hip/leg pain being checked

Closed Thread