It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Just returned from pdoc appt....

Well I just got back from the pdoc's office. The morning did not start out well. I didn't sleep until 4:45 and in between that time and 6:30 when I got up to get son off to school I awoke no less than 8 times. I feel like I just want to crawl in a very deep hole and never come out. I'm so tired of being this tired and this depressed, I just dont' have it in me to go on much longer. On top of things son is home sick today.

Pdoc appt went about as well as I thought it would. I had to answer lots of questions about the state of suicidal depression I've been in, it was not fun. Don't get me wrong I love my pdoc and he is very caring and compassionate, but having to admit to making plans and lists makes me feel like such a waste of air and space, I feel like I don't deserve to take up his time, and I tell him such and he always reassures me the opposite, but ... well I dont' know, sometimes I dont' even know how I feel anymore. He really tried to get me to agree to go IP, but I just can't right now. I have to be here to try and take care of my son, can't let him be stuck at his dad's, even though I'm not out of bed much, it's better than exposing him to all the crap that goes on there. I know the docs don't understand but I have to try and get control of myself, or as they say, "be my own parent" and stay at home and monitor my safety for now. I've promised both my tdoc and pdoc that i will call them if anything drastic begins to happen as far self injury or suicidal intentions go. And now of course it's back to seeing both every week. He also added Wellbutrin SR to meds and Klonopin back. So, more med changes, but I know the Klonopin will help with the sleep and hopefully the Wellbutrin SR will help with the depression, am keeping fingers crossed. Well that's about it for now, i'm going to try and lay down for a bit as i'm exhausted and feel like crap, I'll see everyone later.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
(female)

caitlin122 HB User
Re: Just returned from pdoc appt....

Thanks for the update Kat. I'm glad your not IP at this point. We will all be here to support you through this so you can try your best to stay home. Try and get some good rest today, and that will help to have things look brighter. Hang in there hun! We are all here for you.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
(female)

Angelinchat2 HB User

awww Katlin,
I'm sure when you get some rest you'll feel at least a little better and maybe be able to think on the postive side. If this last much longer then you may have to let him stay at his dad's so that you can get better. I'm sure he had rather have you there with him in a week or so, than to not have you at all. Take care of yourself!! Hopefully though these new med's will help get you out of this funk your in.

My pdoc appt is at 11:15 so I better get off here and get ready. I'll be back in little while hopefully you will still be resting!!

Hashimotos
IBS/Gerd
Bipolar
PTSD
Panic and Anxiety Attacks
lower back/hip/leg pain being checked

Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

typeing HB User

Awww, Kat i'm so sorry. <<<hugs>>>
hypothyroid
cortizone deficient

Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Thanks guys, I don't know what i'd do without all of your support. I slept from 10:30ish to 2:30 just in time to go to a teachers conference at Nick's school. so now I'm back and back in bed because I feel tired all over again. but plan to try and read around some and see what everyone else is up to.

kat

Old 04-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Kat,

Are you taking Klonopin for sleep? I've found that when I take Klonopin at night before bedtime, it helps my Trazodone work even better.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-02-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

If its ok to say this Kat,

I hope that the new meds will start working for you and that you get better. I used to take clonazepam(klonopin) about a month ago for my insomnia and it really helped for clearing my thoughts in my head.So it did partially help me sleep.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Last edited by light the world; 04-02-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

I'm not taking the Klonopin for insomnia I'm taking it for increased anxiety, but thanks anyway.

k

Old 04-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Dreams,

He put me back on teh Klonopin to augment the Buspar but my times to take it are mid-day and around 8 at night, so it will probably have an added sleep help side effect or not, none of these meds tend to help me sleep much.

kat

Old 04-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kat,

I hope the Klonopin helps. I noticed that you weren't online last night. Does this mean you fell asleep around 10pm your time?
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

I was just mentally and physically exhausted and ended up having to call my pdoc and tdoc at different times yesteryday afternoon at different times and fell asleep around 8:00p.m. and didn't wake up until this morniig. It' sjust too much right now and I'm really suffereing with all of it.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

At least you were able to get some sleep. Perhaps the Klonopin is working well with Trazodone.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
I was just mentally and physically exhausted and ended up having to call my pdoc and tdoc at different times yesteryday afternoon at different times and fell asleep around 8:00p.m. and didn't wake up until this morniig. It' sjust too much right now and I'm really suffereing with all of it.
hi Kat,

glad to hear you got such good sleep. it makes such a difference. not getting whole lot at the moment though klonopin helps as does xanax. i have found both better than sleeping pills because they reduce anxiety enough to get some sleep.

hope you are doing ok??

iw.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

typeing HB User

Kat, how are you doing this morning?
hypothyroid
cortizone deficient

Old 04-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
hi Kat,

glad to hear you got such good sleep. it makes such a difference. not getting whole lot at the moment though klonopin helps as does xanax. i have found both better than sleeping pills because they reduce anxiety enough to get some sleep.

hope you are doing ok??

iw.
'Bout the same, just staying in bed with the cat. I'll try and get down to the mailbax later, we'll see. I read your last piece it was very good as was all the others. Living with Suicidal Need was still my favorite. Hope you're doing better today. Glad that S.O.B. pdoc managed to call altough it seemed all he was worried about was the lit pieces.

kat

Closed Thread