It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

caitlin122 HB User
Life sucks at times...

I was just outside smoking a cigarette, and my neighbor walked outside. She told me 3 weeks ago that she was pregnant. I asked her how she is feeling, and she told me she lost the baby. I'm so upset by this. I'm not even close with her, she's no more than a nice neighbor, but I cried when I came inside. I just thought I would share this, as I needed to get it off my chest. I feel so bad that I asked her how she was feeling. It must have been so hard for her to say she lost the baby. How horrible. I feel so bad for her. Anyway...life sucks sometimes. Bad things happen to good people and I can't stand it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User
Re: Life sucks at times...

Yah life does suck sometimes. About a month ago I did this strange thing that people would consider to be psychotic. I took a coin believing that it was a special chip with special powers and stuck it to the wall and started sticking them everywhere around the classroom. At the time I believed that these "chips" could prevent aliens from entering the classroom. Anyways all of the students were wondering what I was up to so the teacher said could you take this letter to the office and I did so. When I got back I saw the teacher talking to all of the students and telling them to keep the coins on the walls so that he doesn't go crazy. It really hurt because I found it really unfair that my teachers had to explain that I was experiencing psychotic sypmtoms at the time. Now its so hard to go to school because I don't know exactly what the students think of me still.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

I can undestand that. The teacher was definitely out of line telling the class what was going on. You have privacy rights, and she should she have been more sympathetic and caring. College professors can be the worst. I'm sorry for that. If your anxious about going back you should look into online classes. You don't have to physically, but you still have that connection verbally. I take classes online with University of Phoenix. Going to an acutal campus was too much for me, but I shouldn't be denied of an education becasue of my disorder. So I'm finishing my degree online, and I will be done in May of 2010. If you want more info, let me know, it's the best decision I've made in a while...to finish my degree online. Because of the lack of anxiety of "going to class" I have had straight A's since I started the online classes, which was in August of 2007.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

I'm currently in grade 12 ad in will be going back to highschool for another year do to my anxiety preventing me from getting my credits. But can you get college diplomas online?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

In answer to the OP - Yes, life is very cruel sometimes. A very dear friend of mine is in the hospital, dying of bone cancer. He is in severe pain they cannot altogether eliminate.
He's a gifted writer and musician.

Seaturtle

Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Caitlin,

I'm so sorry that you had that experience tonight, lord knows things are rough enough right now. Seems like it never stops doesn't it? You just keep waiting for that break and it never comes. well I guess we have to keep waiting.

kat

Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

You are absolutely right Kat. We will all keep waiting together!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by under View Post
I'm currently in grade 12 ad in will be going back to highschool for another year do to my anxiety preventing me from getting my credits. But can you get college diplomas online?
Under,
Yes you can get college diplomas online. You can do the entire degree online. It's the best thing ever, because now that I don't have the anxiety of going to a classroom full of people, I can now concentrate on the work, and only the work. When I went to a University here in my state, I always became very anxious before class, because of all the people that would be there, and what if the teacher called on me, and what if I didn't know the answer? And what if I became embarrassed and turned red in the face...which I always do when I feel put on the spot...Doing it online still allows me to connect with the other students in my class, but without the anxiety. It's the best thing ever!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlin122 View Post
Under,
Yes you can get college diplomas online. You can do the entire degree online. It's the best thing ever, because now that I don't have the anxiety of going to a classroom full of people, I can now concentrate on the work, and only the work. When I went to a University here in my state, I always became very anxious before class, because of all the people that would be there, and what if the teacher called on me, and what if I didn't know the answer? And what if I became embarrassed and turned red in the face...which I always do when I feel put on the spot...Doing it online still allows me to connect with the other students in my class, but without the anxiety. It's the best thing ever!
Would it effect how you get a job in the end?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Nope, not if you go to a college that is accredited. What's nice about University of Phoenix is that they had a ground campus first, so I know they aren't a scam, because there are some scam "online degrees" out there. Just make sure you research the online school before joining there program, but most of them are just like getting a degree by actually going to school

Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Quote:
Under,
Thank God you don't have to show up in a class everyday. If everything else isn't bad enough my damn cat has been chewing on the computer cord that plugs my laptop into the wall....hopefully the scotchtape will hold it.

kat

Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Nope, not if you go to a college that is accredited. What's nice about University of Phoenix is that they had a ground campus first, so I know they aren't a scam, because there are some scam "online degrees" out there. Just make sure you research the online school before joining there program, but most of them are just like getting a degree by actually going to school
Univ. of Phoenix gives pretty good low rate loans too.

kat

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Thank God you don't have to show up in a class everyday. If everything else isn't bad enough my damn cat has been chewing on the computer cord that plugs my laptop into the wall....hopefully the scotchtape will hold it.

kat
Aren't cats great??? And isn't scotch taper even greater???

Closed Thread