It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 4,189
dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Does This Happen to Any of You?

Hi everyone,

I've been hypomanic for the past 4 days. For the most part, it has been a positive experience for me. I didn't crash and only experienced one day where I cycled between hypomania and agitation.

Today I'm starting to feel level, but I'm missing my mania.

Do any of you feel the same way after you come down from a hypomanic or manic episode? I *always* seem to have problems with this 2-3 days after my mood starts to level out.
__________________
Atypical Bipolar I Disorder with Rapid Cycling
Meds:
Depakote 1500mg
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

 
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 680
irishwriter HB User
Re: Does This Happen to Any of You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been hypomanic for the past 4 days. For the most part, it has been a positive experience for me. I didn't crash and only experienced one day where I cycled between hypomania and agitation.

Today I'm starting to feel level, but I'm missing my mania.

Do any of you feel the same way after you come down from a hypomanic or manic episode? I *always* seem to have problems with this 2-3 days after my mood starts to level out.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 680
irishwriter HB User
Re: Does This Happen to Any of You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been hypomanic for the past 4 days. For the most part, it has been a positive experience for me. I didn't crash and only experienced one day where I cycled between hypomania and agitation.

Today I'm starting to feel level, but I'm missing my mania.

Do any of you feel the same way after you come down from a hypomanic or manic episode? I *always* seem to have problems with this 2-3 days after my mood starts to level out.
dreams,\

a part of me wishes i would! it's been over a year since mania when i thought i was happy but was actually hyper and thought i could handle anything! was working five jobs and juggling everything even voluntary work as well! no wonder i crashed so spectacularly (suicide failure!) but am tired of this deep depression and trying meds that don't really help. you give me hope though that i will eventually find the ones that help, hopefully before may!!

 
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 4,189
dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Does This Happen to Any of You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
dreams,\

a part of me wishes i would! it's been over a year since mania when i thought i was happy but was actually hyper and thought i could handle anything! was working five jobs and juggling everything even voluntary work as well! no wonder i crashed so spectacularly (suicide failure!) but am tired of this deep depression and trying meds that don't really help. you give me hope though that i will eventually find the ones that help, hopefully before may!!
Five jobs? Wow! I don't know how you managed to survive!

I know what you're going through in regards to your severe depression. I experienced severe depression 95% of the time in the early 90s as well as in 1995 after I lost my hearing. It was debilitating.

Although I oftentimes hear people with bipolar say they wish they "only" had unipolar depression, I don't feel the same way. Since my bipolar lies more on the manic side, I'm glad to have periods where I feel really, really good, I'm creative, productive and can tackle 10 things at once. It is said that mania can be more dangerous than severe depression given how impulsive people are during a manic episode, but I still enjoy every minute of it.

Hang in there! If I could find the right med combo after being unstable for 1.5 years, you can too!
__________________
Atypical Bipolar I Disorder with Rapid Cycling
Meds:
Depakote 1500mg
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

 
Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,070
katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Does This Happen to Any of You?

Why would anyone want unipolar depression with no hope for at least a bit of "feeling good" once in a while. When my pdoc put me on Wellbruturn last week he actually said, now lets see if this makes you a hypomanic, cuz you need it badly right now!

kat

Unfortunately it didn't work, but oh well.

Last edited by katlin09; 04-08-2009 at 05:13 AM.

 
Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 4,189
dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Does This Happen to Any of You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Why would anyone want unipolar depression with no hope for at least a bit of "feeling good" once in a while. When my pdoc put me on Wellbruturn last week he actually said, now lets see if this makes you a hypomanic, cuz you need it badly right now!

kat

Unfortunately it didn't work, but oh well.
Kat,

From what people have explained to me, they feel this way because if they're depressed, at least it's a linear emotion and they don't have to worry about cycling between mania, normal mood and severe depression. (I tend to hear this alot from ultradian rapid cyclers like myself.)

When you're depressed, you're depressed and in many cases, an anti-depressant can be given to help relieve your symptoms. Some people with bipolar can't take anti-depressants because it induces mania even if they are taking one or more mood stabilizers at the same time.

When I think about it this way, their feelings do make sense.
__________________
Atypical Bipolar I Disorder with Rapid Cycling
Meds:
Depakote 1500mg
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-08-2009 at 05:37 AM.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Does anyone here have this sort of pain? Pleas help! ellekay Women's Health 2 10-15-2009 06:20 PM
my short sight improved, why does it happen ? leopard777 Eye & Vision 2 09-12-2009 12:20 AM
Does disc gel grow back? Frodoh Back Problems 6 03-26-2008 08:10 PM
Does your pain get worse as you progress from stage 1 to 2 to 3? numbing hands Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 15 08-06-2007 07:57 PM
Does this sleeping problem happen to you? olwynUFO Anemia 22 07-27-2007 08:18 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added




Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to DrugTalk.com for complete list)
Abilify
Depakote
Lamictal
Lexapro
Lithium
  Prozac
Seroquel
Wellbutrin
Zoloft
Zyprexa




TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



reesie (68), katlin09 (59), Administrator (24), TinoRock (14), bprapcyc (10), thatgirl141 (7), lynnlee (6), annii456 (4), ghelpmelivelife (4), goody2shuz (3)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1013), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (755), midwest1 (670), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!