It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Problems and more problems

Well I saw my tdoc yesterday and he's concerned that I'm continuing to sink further into severe depression and finding a way out is becoming harder and harder. He has increased my Wellbutrin SR to 300mg a day. He also added a daytime dose of clonazapen in addition to my nightime dose. He read in a Journal that if Self Injury/Self Harm patients can remain calmer during the day with an anti-aniety med and not have the stress/fear/anger/distress build and build and build then perhaps the urges to cut or whatever their form of self injury is may be reduced, so I guess I'm a guinea pig, but I don't mind if it works. I also saw my tdoc today and that went okay, I love my tdoc she is just the best most caring compassionate woman, I just wish everyone could have a therapist like her. Now the other problem, I also saw my Orthopaedic Surgeon this morning and the screws that were placed into my tibia under my left knee and hold all the bones and grafts together, during my surgery 7 months ago are starting to give me problems and may have to come out, which would be another major surgery. I just don't need this right now with everything else I'm dealing with...I don't know if I could deal with it.

So as usuall the bad just keeps hitting me like waves breaking over me in the ocean and I can't find my footing to stand up and get out of the water before the next big wave comes....I just have to wait and see what the next big wave will be.

kat

Last edited by katlin09; 04-08-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

typeing HB User
Re: Problems and more problems

Awww I'm sorry Kat. That really sucks.

I'm here if you want to talk.
hypothyroid
cortizone deficient

Last edited by typeing; 04-08-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

Bunnylover HB User

I don't know what to say, except that I've been there (the severe depression, not the knee problem), I know how hard it is when everything starts to pile up on you.

(((Hugs))) hang in there, a lot of people care about you and are pulling for you.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Kat,

I hope that things will improve for you in the near future.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

I'm sorry Kat. Hang in there. We are all here for you whenever you need us.

By the way, you mentioned that your pdoc was a she. Did you mean to type tdoc instead? Just wanted to make sure I understood your post.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnylover View Post
I don't know what to say, except that I've been there (the severe depression, not the knee problem), I know how hard it is when everything starts to pile up on you.

(((Hugs))) hang in there, a lot of people care about you and are pulling for you.
Thank you bunny you've no idea how much your very kind and sweet words mean to me at this almost unconceivable time mean.

kat

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Hang in there Kat! We'll get through this together.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
I'm sorry Kat. Hang in there. We are all here for you whenever you need us.

By the way, you mentioned that your pdoc was a she. Did you mean to type tdoc instead? Just wanted to make sure I understood your post.
I just noticed that typo and edited it.
kat

Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlin122 View Post
Hang in there Kat! We'll get through this together.
Caitlin,

You're always there for me, and I know you'll help me with this one too. Not sure what I wouldn't do without all of your constant support.

kat

Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Right back at ya girl! We will take one day at a time. I wish there was more I could do to help, so if there is please let me know.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
(female)

tigger5150 HB User

Hey Kat,
I'm right there with you as you know my recent bout with sinking further and further into depression and I also am a SH and more recently stronger SIs and it does suck. It's like standing out in the ocean and the rock you are on just disappears.

I know it might not help, but finally I can say that it can get better when you hit the right combo. Not there entirely as I still have the SI, but the SH is urge has lessened and most days I can drag myself out of bed fairly easily.

Just remember everyone on the board is pulling for you..... we all love and care about you....

Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

(((kat))) We are all here for you. I hope you start feeling better with the med changes.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Tigger,
I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing diffucult times too. I sympathize with you both. The past couple of days I can feel myself slipping back into depression, and I just don't have the energy to fight. It washes over you like a tsunami wave, and you can't do anything about it. I am actually looking forward to the weekend for the pure purpose of laying in bed and not having to get out of it. I have no desire to do anything, and my desire is overcoming my will to try and fight this. I'm so sick and tired and going through this. But this forum has been a real blessing for me. It has helped me out so much.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger5150 View Post
Hey Kat,
I'm right there with you as you know my recent bout with sinking further and further into depression and I also am a SH and more recently stronger SIs and it does suck. It's like standing out in the ocean and the rock you are on just disappears.

I know it might not help, but finally I can say that it can get better when you hit the right combo. Not there entirely as I still have the SI, but the SH is urge has lessened and most days I can drag myself out of bed fairly easily.

Just remember everyone on the board is pulling for you..... we all love and care about you....
I agree with Tigger about the fact that the right med combo can be found. Thanks to my old pdoc adding Clonazepam to my regimen, my SH tendencies have decreased.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Well, now i've developed a rash either from the wellbutrin on the lamictal my pdoc thinks. I'm voting on the wellbutrin since it's the newest. But I have to go to an urgent appt. at the dermatologist tomorrow to check it out. I can take my lamictal or wellburtin until they figure out what it is...so so much for any mood increaes as slight as they were.

I give up.

Closed Thread