It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Where Do You Store Your Meds?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious where you store all of your meds. Do you use a pill container or do you keep them in their original prescription bottles?

I keep my meds in a monthly pill holder. It contains individual compartments for each day of the week for 4 weeks. It also has Braille markings to designate the day of the week.

I really like this arragement since I never have to worry about whether or not I've taken my meds on a given day.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User
Re: Where Do You Store Your Meds?

My parents actually store all of mine in a safe because I overdosed on seroquel 2grams of it. Not a fun expereinece. But they do take out the days total meds and put them in a container saying which ones to take for dinner, morning, and bedtime.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by under View Post
My parents actually store all of mine in a safe because I overdosed on seroquel 2grams of it. Not a fun expereinece. But they do take out the days total meds and put them in a container saying which ones to take for dinner, morning, and bedtime.
How many milligrams is 2 grams?
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
How many milligrams is 2 grams?
2000mg.=2grams

I was a bit depressed at the time but an alien told me to do it or else he would kill my family so thats what I did.

I do believe that the max dose that can be prescribed is 800mg right. Glad I survived through that.

Last edited by light the world; 04-09-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
2000mg.=2grams

I was a bit depressed at the time but an alien told me to do it or else he would kill my family so thats what I did.

I do believe that the max dose that can be prescribed is 800mg right. Glad I survived through that.
Wow. That's alot of Seroquel!

Yes, 800mg is the maximum dose of Seroquel.

I've never overdosed on meds before, but I came close in 2006 during my first manic/psychotic episode when I heard voices that told me to injest an entire bottle of Tylenol. Fortunately I was drifting in and out of reality, so I was aware enough to ignore them.

When I had psychotic depression in December, my voices told me to overdose on my medications. I came close to doing that as well, but sought help when my voices became so loud and powerful I could no longer stand it.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-09-2009 at 01:07 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Quote:
Wow. That's alot of Seroquel!

Yes, 800mg is the maximum dose of Seroquel.

I've never overdosed on meds before, but I came close in 2006 during my first manic/psychotic episode when I heard voices that told me to injest an entire bottle of Tylenol. Fortunately I was drifting in and out of reality, so I was aware enough to ignore them.

When I had psychotic depression in December, my voices told me to overdose on my medications. I came close to doing that as well, but sought help when my voices became so loud and powerful I could no longer stand it.
Do your voices ever say to you I'll do this to someone or make a threat if you don't do such and such?

Last edited by light the world; 04-09-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Can an entire bottle of tylenol actually be harmful or is that just a stupid question. Lol

Old 04-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Do your voices ever say to you I'll do this to someone or make a threat if you don't do such and such?
Yes. They threaten to kill my entire family and I if I don't listen to them.

They also tell me they are watching me and I will "suffer the consequences" if I leave my apartment. My voices have said that to me quite a few times. Everytime I hear it, it frightens the h*ll out of me. The first time I heard my voices say this was when I was on a weekend pass back in 2006 during my IP stay. I was so scared I had my sister call the hospital and tell them I wanted to be readmitted before Sunday. I had only been discharged from the hospital for 2 hours before I came back.

How many voices do you hear and what do they say? I hear 6 voices (3 male; 3 female). They command me to harm myself, argue with each other, tell me what an awful person I am, comment on the things I do (by keeping a running commentary on my life), talk about death/dying and try to convince me that I'm in h*ll and have died in an auto accident.

If I try to drown out my voices, they become extremely angry and shout over whatever it is that I'm listening to.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-09-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Quote:
Yes. They threaten to kill my entire family and I if I don't listen to them.

They also tell me they are watching me and I will "suffer the consequences" if I leave my apartment. My voices have said that to me quite a few times. Everytime I hear it, it frightens the h*ll out of me. The first time I heard my voices say this was when I was on a weekend pass back in 2006 during my IP stay. I was so scared I had my sister call the hospital and tell them I wanted to be readmitted before Sunday. I had only been discharged from the hospital for 2 hours before I came back.

How many voices do you hear and what do they say? I hear 6 voices (3 male; 3 female). They command me to harm myself, argue with each other, comment on the things I do (by keeping a running commentary on my life), talk about death/dying and try to convince me that I'm in h*ll and have died in an auto accident.

If I try to drown out my voices, they become extremely angry and shout over whatever it is that I'm listening to.
Well there are a lot of voices that I hear. They all have names to. Some voices I like and some I don't.

There are 9 different aliens that I hear and they all have names but they all sound like complete gibberish. These aliens always just try and ruin my life. They'll say do such and such or else we'll send bugs to crawl under your skin. Sometimes they will just try to put me down and I will get a bit depressed over it because I know that what they say is true. Most of the time though I would suspect that there watching me through the t.v or other cameras in the city or wherever really. The key for me was to make sure that the aliens would never find me or else they would abduct me which I don't want.

Then there is Ariel who is a good voice who never threatens me at all.
Along with another good voice named Leonard. Sometimes I even see them talking to me when the computer is off or when the t.v is off. I can see them and they say hi I'm Ariel or its just me, Ariel. They always say great things about me. I wish I could talk to them again. They would always find ways in helping me deal with the aliens. But its been 6 weeks since they've talked to me. I don't understand why, maybe there just on vacation or something. I can't imagine that because the aliens are after me. I can't complain though because I've had no dealing with the aliens anyways.

My last voice is a person named Conner. He is actually a ghost and was killed by an alien. Conner isn't really a nice person. He always tells me to steal stuff when I go and get a pop or something. But I would just tell him your a ghost you'd just pass right through me. Its not like you can punch me or anything.

Anyways those are my voices and other things. Its confusing though because I'm not sure whether or not this stuff is actually not real. I still think it is all real though.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Well there are a lot of voices that I hear. They all have names to. Some voices I like and some I don't.

There are 9 different aliens that I hear and they all have names but they all sound like complete gibberish. These aliens always just try and ruin my life. They'll say do such and such or else we'll send bugs to crawl under your skin. Sometimes they will just try to put me down and I will get a bit depressed over it because I know that what they say is true. Most of the time though I would suspect that there watching me through the t.v or other cameras in the city or wherever really. The key for me was to make sure that the aliens would never find me or else they would abduct me which I don't want.

Then there is Ariel who is a good voice who never threatens me at all.
Along with another good voice named Leonard. Sometimes I even see them talking to me when the computer is off or when the t.v is off. I can see them and they say hi I'm Ariel or its just me, Ariel. They always say great things about me. I wish I could talk to them again. They would always find ways in helping me deal with the aliens. But its been 6 weeks since they've talked to me. I don't understand why, maybe there just on vacation or something. I can't imagine that because the aliens are after me. I can't complain though because I've had no dealing with the aliens anyways.

My last voice is a person named Conner. He is actually a ghost and was killed by an alien. Conner isn't really a nice person. He always tells me to steal stuff when I go and get a pop or something. But I would just tell him your a ghost you'd just pass right through me. Its not like you can punch me or anything.

Anyways those are my voices and other things. Its confusing though because I'm not sure whether or not this stuff is actually not real. I still think it is all real though.
In the 18 years I've had auditory hallucinations, I've only heard 2 good voices. One of them is named Jill and she introduced herself as someone who came to protect me from my bad, angry voices. She loves listening to 80s music and will hum along. Her voice is so beautiful and calm that it brings me to tears. She always made me feel better than I do when I'm level. I no longer hear Jill, but I think that's because I allowed the doctors to destroy her. The doctors promised me that they would give me something to bring Jill back, but they lied and I will *never* forgive them for that. I think Jill is angry at me because I allowed the doctors to destroy her.

I also heard a good voice (although she didn't have a name) back in 2006 when I was IP. She told me the hospital food was safe to eat. I'm glad she did because I didn't eat for 2.5 weeks due to my mania.

I've heard as many as 20 different voices. They are the voices of my family, friends, strangers and famous radio DJs. When I was IP in 2006, the famous radio DJs I used to hear would come visit me at night along with my friends to say goodnight. They also used to ask my how the hospital staff was treating me and said they would contact a lawyer on my behalf if I was ever mistreated. I really enjoyed hearing their voices. One of them who is a famous late night weekend DJ has a wonderful sense of humor. He always made me laugh and I was sad when I no longer heard his voice. I still miss hearing him to this day.

I'm hoping that someday I will be able to hear this DJ as well as Jill again.

I also believe that my voices are real. If anyone tells me otherwise, I become extremely upset because they just don't understand how real they are. They have control over you and they know it. That's why I never respond to my voices. All of the pdocs I've seen over the past 18 years have warned me never to talk back to them because it only gives them more power.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-09-2009 at 02:00 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Man I always talk to my voices I guess you would say telepathically. And then I would get a response. In my opinion you have know choice or else they will get angry or start threatening you again and again. What about the good voices can't you talk back to them?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Man I always talk to my voices I guess you would say telepathically. And then I would get a response. In my opinion you have know choice or else they will get angry or start threatening you again and again. What about the good voices can't you talk back to them?
I've always found that if I respond to my bad voices, they become angry, but eventually they settle down because they get tired of constantly telling me to pay attention to them. If I answer my voices, they respond to whatever I say out loud or to myself and then let out this evil, awful sounding laugh. It's better that I don't talk to them and try to distract myself by staying on the computer or going to sleep if I'm able to.

I always used to talk to Jill. She loved that. We used to talk about the 80s music I would listen to. I also told her how afraid I was of my bad voices and she would always tell me everything was okay now that she was here.

Someone on the schizophrenia board told me that perhaps one reason Jill left me is because she (Jill) thought I was strong enough to make it without her. I don't know if that's true. I still think she was angry at me for letting the doctors destroy her. I doubt I'll ever hear her again and it saddens me.

Do you know why you hear voices? The first pdoc I saw in 1991 and my tdoc both said that mine were caused by the 4 different traumas I experienced from age 7-18. My tdoc thinks the male voices I hear represent my father who sexually, physically and emotionally abused me as well as a stranger who threatened my life when I was 9 years old. The female voices I hear represent my mother who emotionally abused me during the same period of time.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-09-2009 at 02:22 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

You mentioned something about hypnosis in one of your earlier threads. How is that going for you.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
You mentioned something about hypnosis in one of your earlier threads. How is that going for you.
I'm thinking about trying hypnosis to deal with my voices. I haven't decided yet if I want to do it or not. I'd like to talk to my tdoc a little more about what I can expect and how it's done. I don't know how he will hypnotize me since I'm totally blind. I don't know alot about hypnotism which is why I need to discuss this more with him.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Quote:
I'm thinking about trying hypnosis to deal with my voices. I haven't decided yet if I want to do it or not. I'd like to talk to my tdoc a little more about what I can expect and how it's done. I don't know how he will hypnotize me since I'm totally blind. I don't know alot about hypnotism which is why I need to discuss this more with him.
If your blind how are you able to read our posts?

Closed Thread