It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
New Appointment

Hi everyone,

My old pdoc's receptionist just called me and asked if I could reschedule my appointment from the 23rd to this coming Monday. She accidentally looked at the wrong week and did not realize that my pdoc will be on vacation the week of the 23rd. I said this was fine, so I'm scheduled to see my old pdoc at 9am.

I'll keep all of you posted as to how my appointment goes.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: New Appointment

Good news, neondreams! I will look for your post on Monday. Isn't it such a good feeling when we can get there earlier instead of wait?
Catcha later,

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaturtle View Post
Good news, neondreams! I will look for your post on Monday. Isn't it such a good feeling when we can get there earlier instead of wait?
Catcha later,

Seaturtle
I agree, Seaturtle. April 23rd seems like a long way off, so it's nice that I'm able to see him on Monday instead.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams in neon View Post
Hi everyone,

My old pdoc's receptionist just called me and asked if I could reschedule my appointment from the 23rd to this coming Monday. She accidentally looked at the wrong week and did not realize that my pdoc will be on vacation the week of the 23rd. I said this was fine, so I'm scheduled to see my old pdoc at 9am.

I'll keep all of you posted as to how my appointment goes.
dreams,

that's great news. i hope it goes well for you and that you get to see him again on a regular basis. will be thinking of you on Monday. good luck.

iw

Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
dreams,

that's great news. i hope it goes well for you and that you get to see him again on a regular basis. will be thinking of you on Monday. good luck.

iw
Thanks, irishwriter!
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User
Thumbs up Re: New Appointment

Quote:
Thanks, irishwriter!
hi dreams,

great to see someone else up! am low at the minute (what's new)., i feel overwhelmed by all the activity of the last few weeks and even develped stress induced eczema on fingers which hasn't happened in quite a while.

you must be delighted about appointment, i read on other post about your hopes with this one.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
hi dreams,

great to see someone else up! am low at the minute (what's new)., i feel overwhelmed by all the activity of the last few weeks and even develped stress induced eczema on fingers which hasn't happened in quite a while.

you must be delighted about appointment, i read on other post about your hopes with this one.
I had alot of difficulty sleeping last night. I tossed and turned, but I think that was because I accidentally fell asleep at 3pm yesterday afternoon and ended up taking an hour long nap.

I'm sorry you're struggling right now and I'm especially sorry about your eczema. I have a very good friend that has eczema, so I know how unpleasant it can be.

I'm very hopeful about Monday's appointment. Since my old pdoc felt he couldn't treat me adequately because of my voices, I'm sure he'll be delighted to learn that I haven't hallucinated ever since I started taking Risperdal. I also haven't rapid cycled into agitation or mania.

In fact, I haven't had a full blown manic episode ever since I started taking Clonazepam.

My depression is getting better as well. I haven't been severely depressed since December, so I have alot of good news to share with him at our appointment.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-11-2009 at 06:13 AM.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

Sounds like you have a good med combo. Great to hear that your doing well dreams.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Last edited by light the world; 04-11-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by under View Post
Sounds like you have a good med combo. Great to hear that your doing well dreams.
Thanks! Like my old pdoc told me, Clonazepam seems to be the extra push I needed to maintain more stability. He was exactly right since I haven't rapid cycled in awhile now.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
I had alot of difficulty sleeping last night. I tossed and turned, but I think that was because I accidentally fell asleep at 3pm yesterday afternoon and ended up taking an hour long nap.

I'm sorry you're struggling right now and I'm especially sorry about your eczema. I have a very good friend that has eczema, so I know how unpleasant it can be.

I'm very hopeful about Monday's appointment. Since my old pdoc felt he couldn't treat me adequately because of my voices, I'm sure he'll be delighted to learn that I haven't hallucinated ever since I started taking Risperdal. I also haven't rapid cycled into agitation or mania.

In fact, I haven't had a full blown manic episode ever since I started taking Clonazepam.

My depression is getting better as well. I haven't been severely depressed since December, so I have alot of good news to share with him at our appointment.
Dreams, that is great, december to now is a long time! v. glad for you.

i actually thought yesterday was easter sunday and left eggs outside kids' doors (16 and 20 yr olds!) and wished them a happy easter!! going to try and get another couple of eggs today. all i could think was 'no.. i thought saturday was over!!'

Old 04-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Dreams, that is great, december to now is a long time! v. glad for you.

i actually thought yesterday was easter sunday and left eggs outside kids' doors (16 and 20 yr olds!) and wished them a happy easter!! going to try and get another couple of eggs today. all i could think was 'no.. i thought saturday was over!!'
Oh dear! I completely forgot about Easter Sunday! My sister called me several times today, but I never answered because I hate talking on the phone. I haven't called her back yet, but will sometime this morning. You're not the only one who has their days mixed up! LOL!
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User
Thumbs up Re: New Appointment

Quote:
Oh dear! I completely forgot about Easter Sunday! My sister called me several times today, but I never answered because I hate talking on the phone. I haven't called her back yet, but will sometime this morning. You're not the only one who has their days mixed up! LOL!
dreams,

just wanted to wish you luck again for today. hope your sister didn't mind you missing her calls! got the eggs for the 'kids' and they thought it was hilarious! talked to pdoc yesterday and he wants to review all meds again. he gave me apointmnet on 23rd but i realised afterwards that i can't do that because i'll be involved again with the radio shows for that week so i hope he can see me before rather than after. let me know how you get on. will be thinking of you today. up early here as alway!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
dreams,

just wanted to wish you luck again for today. hope your sister didn't mind you missing her calls! got the eggs for the 'kids' and they thought it was hilarious! talked to pdoc yesterday and he wants to review all meds again. he gave me apointmnet on 23rd but i realised afterwards that i can't do that because i'll be involved again with the radio shows for that week so i hope he can see me before rather than after. let me know how you get on. will be thinking of you today. up early here as alway!
irishwriter,

My sister called me yesterday afternoon to invite me over for Easter dinner. I had a great time. The food was delicious and the weather was beautiful, so we spent some time outside as well.

I hope whatever new meds your pdoc puts you on work. Let me know what he decides. In the meantime, I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get an earlier appointment and this turns out to be the right cocktail which will help make a positive difference in how you feel.

Thanks for your good wishes about my appointment today! I have a feeling that everything is going to go well. I'll be sure to report back later this afternoon.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-13-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
irishwriter,

My sister called me yesterday afternoon to invite me over for Easter dinner. I had a great time. The food was delicious and the weather was beautiful, so we spent some time outside as well.

I hope whatever new meds your pdoc puts you on work. Let me know what he decides. In the meantime, I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get an earlier appointment and this turns out to be the right cocktail which will help make a positive difference in how you feel.

Thanks for your good wishes about my appointment today! I have a feeling that everything is going to go well. I'll be sure to report back later this afternoon.
dreams,

dinner with your sister sounds good and good for you. i talked to pdoc yesterday but forgot to ask about appointment. i'll call him later and see how his schedule is. i too hope that he can add something in or change something to help. am still so tired of it all. nothing seems to improve and the days are just hours to get through as best i can till they end! it is no way to live and i am becoming more and more detached from the people around me.

iw

Old 04-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
dreams,

dinner with your sister sounds good and good for you. i talked to pdoc yesterday but forgot to ask about appointment. i'll call him later and see how his schedule is. i too hope that he can add something in or change something to help. am still so tired of it all. nothing seems to improve and the days are just hours to get through as best i can till they end! it is no way to live and i am becoming more and more detached from the people around me.

iw
I'm sorry to hear that irishwriter, but I hope you can get in touch with your pdoc soon to schedule an appointment ASAP.

I know exactly how you feel. Back in 1991, I was put on Lithium and Prozac for my voices and severe depression. The Prozac didn't do a thing for my depession, so after 2 months my pdoc switched me to Paxil in addition to Lithium. That made a world of difference and was exactly the change I needed.

What I find interesting is how Prozac didn't work for me back then, but it does now. Hmmm.

Hugs!
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-14-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Closed Thread