It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

ilco80 HB User
Hello, it's been a while

Hi everyone, I've posted before but I never posted overly much.

I am currently, still, not on any medication, and I am being referred to a different doc because of this. But apparently it might take a while before I actually get to see the new one.

): Sigh.

Lately has been pretty bad, I could sense I was going to be going into depression,

but yesterday my moods were up and down every hour it seemed.

Do you ever look back on a previous episode, or even in my case, just a particular day, and feel like, "Wow, what happened?" ... I feel less pyscho today.

I'm struggling through school and lonely as ever, I've lost all my friends. My parents still deny anything is wrong. Oh well, at least school is being very thoughtful toward me. I went into the guidance office to see the counsellor, who I know fairly well, and I was freaking out for literally 2 hours, so she's going to help me with making the school part of my life less stressful. She is a saviour.

Aside from the help from her, I don't know what else I'm going to be able to do with myself, especially not on any meds.

I guess me myself even, I'm struggling with denial over the whole thing. I remember feeling very upset yesterday, "This is going to be with me my entire life, days like these"

I'm kind of rambling now though, I just wanted to say Hi after not being on here in a while. My counsellor suggested trying natural remedies to see if anything like that helps, but I don't know, it just seems like it wouldn't do anything - not that it hurts to try..

Anyone ever tried anything along that sort of route?

Last edited by ilco80; 04-11-2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: I want to edit out the tags because they aren't working, but. No such luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Hello, it's been a while

I'm a rapid cycler and my moods change every hour and sometimes every minute. As a result, there have been many times where I've wondered what was happening to me.

After telling my old pdoc about my severe depression (primarily during the autumn/winter months), he decided to add Fluoxetine.

I tried this med for 8 weeks, but did not notice a change in how I felt. At this point, he decided to add Clonazepam on a PRN basis to help control my rapid cycling.

I'm now doing much, much better since these meds were added to my cocktail. I still cycle into hypomania and agitation, but it doesn't happen as often as it used to and I haven't had a full blown manic episode ever since I started taking Clonazepam.

As for natural remedies, I've never tried them myself, but I know several people who take Omega 3 in addition to their bipolar meds and report an improvement in their mood.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-11-2009 at 07:05 AM.

Closed Thread