It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
(male)

sevendaytheory HB User
Am I BiPolar?

I'm not too sure, but I definetly have some type of depression. I've been having some health problems, but in some really weird way Ive kind of been hoping I do have something wrong with me. Its hard to explain, im scared of being sick at the same time to. I almost feel like I have multiple personalities in me, some days im outgoing and feel confident and other days im embarassed just to walk by a group of people at school.

I was reading the thread on what the symptoms of bipolar disorder are and I definetly got a few, but not all. I have alot of the mania symptoms i think;
-All except inflated sense of self-importance I think.
I belive i do experience some delusions and hallucinations as well. I see things sometimes out the corner of my eye and when I look they are gone. When I read signs sometimes ill read one word and then find out later it said something entirely different. I hear people calling my name alot and I turn to look and theres no one there.

Not as much symptoms in the Depression part but I do have some suicidal thoughts. I don't feel like I want to take my life, and i dont think i could ever do it, but sometimes i get the thoughts of suicide. Don't want to go into much detail b/c i do not want to violate any policies of this site.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 04:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Am I BiPolar?

None of us here can diagnose you since we are not medical professionals.

I would recommend that you see a pdoc (psychiatrist) for a full evaluation.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-13-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

Bunnylover HB User

We can't say whether or not you're bipolar, but you do seem to be having problems that are significantly impacting your life, regardless of the cause. There's really nothing to be lost, and much to be gained, by seeing a psychiatrist. Ask your doctor for a recommendation.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
(female)

kellyn HB User

Hi! if you're having any symptoms or concerns at all, you should definitely see a psychiatrist. and when, i hope that you do, see one, make sure you're completely open and honest about ALL of your symptoms. even if you're feeling particularly depressed on that day, make sure that you don't forget to share any of your more manic symptoms because this can lead to a misdiagnosis which can leave you much, much worse than before (this happened to me). it might be useful to start keeping track of your moods and symptoms by writing them down so that you can have an accurate and complete record of what you are experiencing to share with your doc, and get the appropriate help if you need it. and don't be afraid. there is plenty of support and help out there which you can take full advantage of if need be. good luck!

Closed Thread