It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Pdoc & Tdoc appts. today

It was a long morning I had back to back pdoc and tdoc appointments, which I hate. So I had to go over the whole med process with the pdoc, 'cuz of the rash and all from last week, which he was concerned about in conjunction with the Lamictal and the Wellbutrin. So, he wanted to go back to Cymbalta, which causes me to be manic, so I said I'd rather not, I'd rather just try the Wellbutrin again. I also asked about stopping the Lamictal since I'm not sure it does a whole lot for me...but then he explained that from a maintenance standpoint for my diagnosis which is mood disorder (yeah, knew that one) and the BiPolar, which is more of the BiPolar II variety (okay now we've put a number on it) and the Borderline Personality Disorder (hold the phones, never dicussed that one before) so it was a long appt. I hate new labels, or labels that were always there that I didn't realize were there. But for now med-wise we're going back on the wellbutrin and lowering the Lamictal to the FDA standard which is 200mg for 2 weeks to make sure no more rashes pop up. We also changed around how I take the Clonazapam as it was inteferring with some of my neurological testing we did today.

As far as tdoc went, typical hour of talks about sucidal ideations and plans for such, well she trys to get plans out of me...been there done that. Talked alot about Finances and plans for trying to get differrent work plans going, minimal to maximum, short term to cover bills to long term for career work.

My tdoc is great, she's cut her fees in half so that I don't have to miss any weekly appt.s. Other than that the normal stuff.

Hope all are doing well.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
(female)

caitlin122 HB User
Re: Pdoc & Tdoc appts. today

Hi Kat,
Going to 2 appts. back to back must be so tiring. That was really nice of your tdoc to cut her fees in half. That's awesome. I'm sorry to hear about the new label. That's never fun. Do you think your pdoc is right on the money or do you think that dx is a stretch? I'm also glad to hear your making plans for a job, etc....That's a definite step in the right direction. How is everything else going? Are you getting out of bad more often? Unfortunately, due to my new circumstances, I am in bed more than ever!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlin122 View Post
Hi Kat,
Going to 2 appts. back to back must be so tiring. That was really nice of your tdoc to cut her fees in half. That's awesome. I'm sorry to hear about the new label. That's never fun. Do you think your pdoc is right on the money or do you think that dx is a stretch? I'm also glad to hear your making plans for a job, etc....That's a definite step in the right direction. How is everything else going? Are you getting out of bad more often? Unfortunately, due to my new circumstances, I am in bed more than ever!
I'd love to say, "hell no, he doesn't have a clue, me, BPD??? uh uh....but, the more he explained it and the more I research it...it's pretty much me." Dang it.

Ummm....before the rash the Wellbutrin was starting to help with the getting out of bed more and such, so I'm hoping it will start helping again. I have to stay on a really low dose for a week, but next week as long as no knew rashes I can move up. So for now, the past week anyway I've not doen much but stay in bed. I'm supposed to hit the lake with my kayak on Saturday, but we'll see if that actually happens or not. My mother in law is determined to drag me out....

Sorry your not doing so hot, is there anything i can do to help? Just PM me if I can.

kat

Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
(female)

caitlin122 HB User

Thanks Kat,
I will def PM you. My life has just fallne apart all at once, so I need any and all support I can get right now. I think going out on the lake to kayak would be great for you! I know...it's easier said then done. but the fresh air and the activity of just doing it will help. I'll PM you soon.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

typeing HB User

sorry you're not doing well caitlin.

Kat, sorry you had appt.'s back to back, and the new dx. But i hope things start getting better.
hypothyroid
cortizone deficient

Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hi, kat,

I'm the appointments are out of your way now.
BPD - well, DBT is specifically for that. Are you taking it? I am sure it would help you sooo much.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Kat,

I know how you feel about having another diagnosis. I felt the same way in January after I was diagnosed with PTSD. It came as no surprise to me, but at the same time, I felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach since it was yet another diagnosis to add to my ever growing list.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-15-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #8
(female)

tigger5150 HB User

(((((((((((kat))))))))))
Sorry about the DX but try to keep your chin up as best as you can.... I know it's hard.... and really try to get out to the lake it would probably be great for you.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
It was a long morning I had back to back pdoc and tdoc appointments, which I hate. So I had to go over the whole med process with the pdoc, 'cuz of the rash and all from last week, which he was concerned about in conjunction with the Lamictal and the Wellbutrin. So, he wanted to go back to Cymbalta, which causes me to be manic, so I said I'd rather not, I'd rather just try the Wellbutrin again. I also asked about stopping the Lamictal since I'm not sure it does a whole lot for me...but then he explained that from a maintenance standpoint for my diagnosis which is mood disorder (yeah, knew that one) and the BiPolar, which is more of the BiPolar II variety (okay now we've put a number on it) and the Borderline Personality Disorder (hold the phones, never dicussed that one before) so it was a long appt. I hate new labels, or labels that were always there that I didn't realize were there. But for now med-wise we're going back on the wellbutrin and lowering the Lamictal to the FDA standard which is 200mg for 2 weeks to make sure no more rashes pop up. We also changed around how I take the Clonazapam as it was inteferring with some of my neurological testing we did today.

As far as tdoc went, typical hour of talks about sucidal ideations and plans for such, well she trys to get plans out of me...been there done that. Talked alot about Finances and plans for trying to get differrent work plans going, minimal to maximum, short term to cover bills to long term for career work.

My tdoc is great, she's cut her fees in half so that I don't have to miss any weekly appt.s. Other than that the normal stuff.

Hope all are doing well.

Kat
it is tough to have new diagnosis to add to the list! i hope the tweaking of meds helps you and i hope you find the motivation to go out on the lake. i spend a lot of time in bed just to kill the days. still feel v. detached from everything and pdoc keeps trying to talk me out of plans for may. i just don't know at this stage. he added in seroquel last night so i'll see if that helps. none of the other ones seem to help. he thinks this will replace the good effects of abilify. great about your tdoc reducing her fee it makes a huge difference. my pdoc stopped charging me when he knew i was broke so it is good to be still able to see him. he says i can sort it out when i get more money from my writing. i tell him he has one month left to sort things out.

let us know how you get on.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

irishwriter,

Your pdoc no longer charges you for appointments? That was a considerate thing to do given your financial situation.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-16-2009 at 04:24 AM.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaturtle View Post
Hi, kat,

I'm the appointments are out of your way now.
BPD - well, DBT is specifically for that. Are you taking it? I am sure it would help you sooo much.
Hey Seaturtle,

DBT is specificatlly for whatever conditon you have tht you need to get under control. I start my group class on May 4, for self harm and suicidal ideations. Now I guess the new label won't hurt either. It is true that when DBT was created it was created for Schitsoprenia and Borderline Personality Disorder, but the 4 principles of DBT have been used now to hep people re-train their brains to learn new coping skills on how to act for certain learned behaviours.

I'm still nervous about starting the DBT Group Therapy and when the therapist called me earlier to give me the date for which I'd be starting, well my heart stopped to say the lease, becaus now it's become absolutely real.

kat

p.s. Hope you're doing well, we hardly ever hear from you anymore.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

typeing HB User

Kat, how are you today?

<<hugs>>
hypothyroid
cortizone deficient

Last edited by typeing; 04-16-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

(((Kat))) You twin! OMG I had a tdoc and a pdoc appt back to back but had a day in between. I think that's really funny!

I'm sorry to hear that you are so low still. What dosage of wellbutrin will you be on? My pdoc bumped mine up to 300mg. But I'll start a new post of how my appts went.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwriter View Post
it is tough to have new diagnosis to add to the list! i hope the tweaking of meds helps you and i hope you find the motivation to go out on the lake. i spend a lot of time in bed just to kill the days. still feel v. detached from everything and pdoc keeps trying to talk me out of plans for may. i just don't know at this stage. he added in seroquel last night so i'll see if that helps. none of the other ones seem to help. he thinks this will replace the good effects of abilify. great about your tdoc reducing her fee it makes a huge difference. my pdoc stopped charging me when he knew i was broke so it is good to be still able to see him. he says i can sort it out when i get more money from my writing. i tell him he has one month left to sort things out.

let us know how you get on.
Irish, I knw how you feel, I'm so tired of all of it. I'm cleaninig houses now to make ends meet. 2 months ago I had a 65k a year career and now I'm cleaning others people's messes to pay the blls...it all gets to old. Pdoc doesn't much talk about the "plan" anymore, just in terms of how we're going to not have one. Tdoc, seems like all we talk about. She speaks of it beig such a hard way out and I look at her like what planet are you on? It would be so easy! I have to fight everyday not to take that easy way out. Everyting about thelife that I live right now is so pointless, it has know center, no reason. My pdoc assures me that I will have a reason, I just have to give it a bit more time, how much more? What's the point in getting out of bed in the morning and getting dressed? I have nowhere to go and nothing to do. And computer research or work I have to do for the technical writing that I've started doing for a friends internet web hosting company I can do from bed. So, each day is the same except now I have a few houses to clean and a new group therapy to be totally anxious about. Oh well, I don't know maybe it's just been a very bad day today who knows, maybe tomorow will be slightly better, we'll see.

Do give the Seroquel a try, it helpedme out quite a bit when I was on it. I had to stopdue to severe hand tremors and muscle weakness, I'd drop things constantly. But it did help me sleep like a baby, I was on a high dose though, 525mg. Good luck with it Irish.

kat

Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
(((Kat))) You twin! OMG I had a tdoc and a pdoc appt back to back but had a day in between. I think that's really funny!

I'm sorry to hear that you are so low still. What dosage of wellbutrin will you be on? My pdoc bumped mine up to 300mg. But I'll start a new post of how my appts went.
Because I had that stupid rash last week,he had to lower my lamictal to 200mg,and re start my wellbutrin at 100mg a day....I don't think either of those re helping withmy mood...in a week I can increase the wellbutrin to 200 if no rash, and then 2 weeks go back up to 300 on Lamictal. So we'll see how it goes.

kat

Closed Thread