It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Pdoc and Tdoc (counselor?) appointments

I had a pdoc appt yesterday and a counselor appt today. Well, the pdoc appt went fine and for a state funded place the pdoc actually spent a lot of time talking to me. He was a pretty young guy who seemed like he really cared. Too bad he wont be my regular psychiatrist. They are assigning me a regular one as the one I saw was a crisis intervention doc. (I saw him because of just getting out of the hospital)

The counselor appt did not go as well. Actually what it was another chemical dep. eval.! She found me not to be an alcoholic, but that just drinking with the meds was not a good idea and that alcohol is a depressant, etc. She also said that she would like to meet with me once a week but I declined because I said I didn't need it. Anway, I was crying throughout the whole appt because she had to ask questions about my friends (who are now distant) and about my suicide attempts. I was crying all the way home.

But to end on a positive note I feel a little better and am going to the gym. I'm finally starting to lose a little weight and my gut looks smaller. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Pdoc and Tdoc (counselor?) appointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
I had a pdoc appt yesterday and a counselor appt today. Well, the pdoc appt went fine and for a state funded place the pdoc actually spent a lot of time talking to me. He was a pretty young guy who seemed like he really cared. Too bad he wont be my regular psychiatrist. They are assigning me a regular one as the one I saw was a crisis intervention doc. (I saw him because of just getting out of the hospital)

The counselor appt did not go as well. Actually what it was another chemical dep. eval.! She found me not to be an alcoholic, but that just drinking with the meds was not a good idea and that alcohol is a depressant, etc. She also said that she would like to meet with me once a week but I declined because I said I didn't need it. Anway, I was crying throughout the whole appt because she had to ask questions about my friends (who are now distant) and about my suicide attempts. I was crying all the way home.

But to end on a positive note I feel a little better and am going to the gym. I'm finally starting to lose a little weight and my gut looks smaller. lol
Llama,

I hate therpists like that. Nex time you might remind her that she works for you and in therapy you talk abou what "you" want to talk about, not what she wants to talk about. Sorry she made it so hard for you.

Too bad you can't keep your pdoc, can you make a request to keep him?

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread