It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
(female)

chastidy HB User
Unhappy im losing it!

i really dont no where to turn-- ive been off my meds for so long been self medicating heavily with herbal remedies to be able to deal at all but its wearing thin im gettin worse wanting to hurt my self at times--ive been able to talk myself dwn to a dgree but this past weekend i had a breakdwn--started clawing myself pulling my hair and cried for 4 hrs strait voices getting way louder kinda tried to tell my boyfriend in a round about way an he just looks at me and says "you're doing better than you ever have" on the outside maybe inside its not so calm cant see a doc no ins medicaid/ssi/ssd is all pending-- that process is sednig me over the edge on top of it all any advice ?

Last edited by chastidy; 04-23-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: wrong person

Old 04-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: im loosin it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastidy View Post
i really dont no where to turn-- ive been off my meds for so long been self medicating heavily with herbal remedies to be able to deal at all but its wearing thin im gettin worse wanting to hurt my self at times--ive been able to talk myself dwn to a dgree but this past weekend i had a breakdwn--started clawing myself pulling my hair and cried for 4 hrs strait voices getting way louder kinda tried to tell my boyfriend in a round about way an he just looks at me and says "you're doing better than you ever have" on the outside maybe inside its not so calm cant see a doc no ins medicaid/ssi/ssd is all pending-- that process is sednig me over the edge on top of it all any advice ?
Chastidy,

You can go to any ER or hospital and tell them what's going on and how you're feeling and legally they can and will not turn you away for not having medical insurance. If you're feeeling as bad as you say perhaps that would be the thing to do, especially if you feel that your may be in danger of harming yourself. Please think about this okay, it'd be way better than the alternative.

I'm sorry that you've having such a hard time and that you're boyfriend doesn't seem to give you the support that you need to have right now. Hopefully as soon as you get your medicaid and such in order you can get back with a psychiatrist and get back on your meds and treatment. Have you went to the health dept. for the medicaid, it should be available within a week, I only ask becaus I just went through that and had my card within a week of applying. Call them or go there if you are able and try to get a quicker appt. But first of all take care of yourself, please consider going to the hospital for care.

wishing you the best,

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

I agree with Kat. It is against the law for a hospital to refuse treatment to someone who does not have insurance. I would suggest that you go to the ER, explain your symptoms and then apply for assistance through a program like Medicaid. I'm also on Medicaid and it didn't take me long at all to be approved. I would also recommend seeing your pdoc so that you can resume meds. I can't emphasize this enough since auditory hallucinations can become worse and develop into a manic/psychotic episode. This happened to me in 2006 before I was diagnosed with and treated for bipolar. All the best to you.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
(female)

chastidy HB User

thx to all because of the support i recieved here i was able to get myself to local mental health unit just this afternoon i got my appfor medicaid completed and have an appt with doc saw therpist today geting me my meds also being interviewed for a bipolar studt group that provides free meds and care. This is unbelievable-- i was at the point of seeing no lite at the end of the tunnel what a differance one afternoon can make if you can just do it why does that have to be so hard and so scary? i dont no how i did it , buti did-- thanks to all who supported me

Old 04-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

That's great news!
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Quote:
thx to all because of the support i recieved here i was able to get myself to local mental health unit just this afternoon i got my appfor medicaid completed and have an appt with doc saw therpist today geting me my meds also being interviewed for a bipolar studt group that provides free meds and care. This is unbelievable-- i was at the point of seeing no lite at the end of the tunnel what a differance one afternoon can make if you can just do it why does that have to be so hard and so scary? i dont no how i did it , buti did-- thanks to all who supported me
Chastidy,

Yes a day can make a difference. don't down yourself, sometimes it just seems overwhelming and impossible to get up and do one thing much less several. I think it just helps to connect with others who go through these things so you believe that it actually can be done. Good job on all of your hard work.

Keep in touch and let us know how your pdoc appt. goes.

kat

Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User
Thumbs up Re: im loosin it!

Quote:
Chastidy,

so glad to hear you are now getting the help you need. good luck with meds and hope you soon find combination to suit you. having a therapist is great particularly if you like them. good to hear you more positive. it is tough road but we struggle on it anyway.

iw

Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 AM   #8
(female)

chastidy HB User
Wink Re: im losing it!

kat ur so rite thats exactly what i do in my head-- i make every little thing in to an insumountable mountain thanks so much for the support and words ofencouragement frm u all i wanna cry it makes me so happy it just means so much to actually feel like u have some one pullin for ya-- some one to share with. in this disease it can be so desserting--isolating ya know its like even tho i still actually do have a family i can still be so alone--my family loves me but i no they get so frustratd with me hell i frustrate my own self!!! ha ha thx to all you out there!

Old 04-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User
Re: im losing it!

Quote:
kat ur so rite thats exactly what i do in my head-- i make every little thing in to an insumountable mountain thanks so much for the support and words ofencouragement frm u all i wanna cry it makes me so happy it just means so much to actually feel like u have some one pullin for ya-- some one to share with. in this disease it can be so desserting--isolating ya know its like even tho i still actually do have a family i can still be so alone--my family loves me but i no they get so frustratd with me hell i frustrate my own self!!! ha ha thx to all you out there!

chastidy,

my pdoc keeps pulling me up on anticipatory anxiety, particularly each day this week when anxiety went off the charts yet each day i got through the radio shows production but was glad when each day ended. again hope your pdoc is of help to you.

iw

Closed Thread