It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
(female)

snowbunny09 HB User
Question am i schizophrenic too?

it happened again. everytime i take a trip i can't enjoy myself because i have it in my head that something bad is going to happen.

on the way to our destination i was worried that we would be in a car accident and that we would all die. while in the hotel i was sure that the hotel would catch fire and that we would all parish in it. then when in the subway i was sure that someone with either a bomb or gun would come in and kill us. while in a museum i was worried about getting lost on the way back to the hotel.

what is wrong with me? i don't tell anyone about my feelings because i don't want to ruin everyone's vacation but i can't shake these feelings. it's not only when i take a trip but also whenever i do anything new.

are there meds to help with this? do i have schizophrenia too? is this normal behavior? what am i supposed to do?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
(female)

caitlin122 HB User
Re: am i schizophrenic too?

i don't think you have schizophrenia too, as you don't have any of the other signs, except parania. and that's only when you go away. that could be a symptom of the bp. i don't know about meds for paranoia, but I would definitely talk with your pdoc about it. that way you could enjoy yourself when you travel. it must be so frustrating to go away and have to be anxious the entire time. i would definitely talk to your pdoc about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Snowbunny,

This sounds like something you need to talk to yout tdoc or pdoc about. Have you ever had anything happen to you in a public place or on a trip? If so maybe this is a result of PTSD?

I wouldn't assume its Schizophrenia, just because you're a bit paranoid and panicky when your on a trip.

kat

Old 04-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

This doesn't sound to me like schizophrenia.

I've had paranoia since 1995. I have 7 different types and take Risperdal as a result. I've been on Risperdal for a little over 3 weeks and so far, it's working great when used in combination with Clonazepam.

While is it true that not everyone with schizophrenia hear voices, there also need to be other symptoms as well as paranoia. Some of them include disordered thoughts/behaviors, extreme emotional lability and/or catatonia.

It doesn't sound to me like you're exhibiting symptoms of schizophrenia.

I would instead conclude that you have some form of paranoia.

However, I'm not a pdoc, so take my opinion for what it's worth.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 04-28-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

light the world HB User

I'm not a psychiatrist so I can't tell you whether its schizophrenia but in my opinion I don't think it is. You might have a bit of paranoia but to me it seems like generalized anxiety. I'd go and see a psychiatrist if your at all concerned about this.

Meds: Clonazepam 4mg, Seroquel 200mg

Old 04-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

I have the same problem as you do when I leave my house to drive , I am sure that I am going to crash etc..........

hugs, Caren

Old 04-30-2009, 05:31 AM   #7
(female)

snowbunny09 HB User

thank you all for responding. it really meant alot to me. i really thought that i had schizophrenia on top of bp. you all have me convinced that i should mention it to my pdoc but that its not as bad as i thought. i am so relieved.

once again thank you

snowbunny

Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

snowbunny, maybe you should look up the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder. It basically means you feel anxiety generally most everywhere and for almost everything! I have it so I know what those panic-y thoughts are like. Like I don't want to drive anywhere because I worry I'll crash. I don't want to leave the dryer on becasue I'm worried it will start a fire. etc.

Closed Thread