It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

wideawakeinaz HB User
Going to the doctor tomorrow, need some advice

Tomorrow morning, I go to see my psycharaist. He's a good guy, seems to listen and all that. But, for the last maybe month, I've just not felt normal. then again, when being Bipolar, i really don't know what normal is, but, I just haven't been able to shake the blahs. I don't feel overly happy, but I don't feel overly sad, I just simply feel blah.

I don't want to get out of bed, I can't seem to sleep without Ambien, I really don't want to go to work, don't really want to go out on weekends, and it just seems like my mind has been wandering more than usual. and I've had a couple of episodes over the last month that were pretty intense.

I don't know if it's the Lamictal and Celexa just playing with me, but I've been on them since August. I just feel weird.

So, how do i explain this to my doctor, without sounding like i'm being overly dramatic? I just don't want him to think that I'm "losing" it, but I also don't want to tell him that life is peachy keen. Maybe I'm just nervous about tomorrow because it's really the first time since I started seeing him that I feel like I"m taking a step back instead of taking a step forward. Maybe I"m just nervous that even though he's my doctor, he'll judge me like everyone else does in my life.

I don't know what I want or need. I guess I just needed to let this feeling inside me out, and just feel that no one else really understands me.

Sorry for wasting space, but thank you for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Going to the doctor tomorrow, need some advice

wideawake,

well that all sounded pretty good....I'd go in and tell him exactly what you just told us. He's not going to judge you if you don't get it perfect, or if he does then you need a new tdoc. Just explain what you told us and you'll be fine.

kat

Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

If I were you, I'd write all of your symptoms down and give it to your pdoc. This is what I do. I also keep a mood chart so that my pdoc can see exactly how my moods have changed throughout the month.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Old 04-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
(female)

tigger5150 HB User

I can very much relate to what you are saying as that is where I am right now 80% of the time. Like everyone has already said..... just tell it to your pdoc like you did here...that's what I did this morning!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

wideawake,

How did your pdoc visit go this morning? Did everything come out okay?

kat

Closed Thread