It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
(female)

hayga HB User
Exclamation im having a mixed episode?

i was first diagnosed with depression 11 years ago at 16. then, when i was 24, they said it was bipolar 2 disorder. Im 27 now. im not sure but i think im having a mixed episode. i have every single symptoms of mania and most of the depression, but its mixed and im confused. my brain is cloudy

im scared to go to sleep because last night my brain had a shock in it when i would close my eyes. i question my sanity when i say that....it makes me wonder if i could be having a pyschotic episode. im starting to be deluisional? No, no I cant be because I really felt that shock 2 times. it was real

I havent been taking my antipyschotic risperdal because i hate it. it makes me fat and i cant wake up. it makes me dizzy. and they keep putting me on anti depressants and want me to take an antipyschotic.

well why cant i get a mood stablizer? ive had depokote before and i hated that too. they dont give me much options. They gave me 20 .5 mgs of xanax this month- mind you- ive been off of xanax for years until i needed it last month. and my 20 are gone... and i panic all the time! they wont give me alot at a time anymore because 3 years ago- when my life was at its worst, i took too many and ended up in the pysch ward.

I also need a job, No one hires me because I have no experience and they wont give me a chance, and when i was younger...i messed up my chances. I cant get on disability because i tried and was denied, only to wait 28 months to miss my appeal because i got a job afew days before and "didnt need it"

is this a mixed episode? i havent been able to sleep for about 4 days and i am depressed and dont want to shower or brush my hair, well i do shower but i force myself and brushing my hair takes too long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
(female)

virgoan HB User
Re: im having a mixed episode?

I dont know if this helps, but changing you diet may help

try eating cheries and plenty of water, try distilled water.

try to stop eating high purine foods
Offal oily fish anchovies chicken caffeine shellfish mussels kidney and lima beans yeast based drinks, marmite and bovril, oatmeal proiige and lentils
full fat cheeses horlicks

eat cherries and pineapple blueberries.
Try a macrobiotic diet
Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables esp celery quinoa millet brown rice and pastas made from corn, rice potato and buckwheat.

free range eggs, soya tofu and lamb should be okay

a healthy drink of bluberrries pineapple cherries pear apple and banana and green food powder. in a blender

6 glasses of water every day

have your blood tested for uric acid levels. this could be the problem

all the best

Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
(female)

mowgli HB User

You certainly sound all over the place, a bit like i do when I'm off the planet. I don't know if I officially have mixed episodes because my dr has never told me much more than that I have BP, but there are times when I can tick just about every box. I would suggest talk to your doctor, and anyone else you have helping you.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
(female)

Krenzelect HB User

I understand what you are going through. I haven’t been able to sleep in the last two weeks. The head zaps could be the anxiety but check with your doctor. I hate the highs and lows but I keep telling my self that it will pass and better day are ahead of us.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
(female)

anfire2009 HB User

It does sound like a mixed episode, meds out of whack need to talk to doc. When forget or just don't take a drug for a few days I get electric shocks in my brain too, It feels like a disconnect in my brain. When I go off an antidepressant my whole body will wake in a shock from head to toe. It's awful thats the reason we wean off. Lack of sleep can cause pscosis delusions ,sleep is something you need to talk to your doc about now. 4 days is way too long. I've been where you are theygave me seroqeul at night.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

Lucky Lucy HB UserLucky Lucy HB User

Your doctor doesnt seem to be helping you , maybe you should consider switching MD.

But whenever i have got really really low, i always went to the hospital, becuase the hospital near me has a crisis center, and they are trained to know things about mental illnesses

Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
(female)

gizmo71 HB User

DYK that some antidepressants can cause *shock like* feelings in the head and face during withdrawal, or strange 'disconnected head' feelings?

The two main ones that cause electrical shock feelings in the head and face are Paxil and Effexor.

Closed Thread