It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
(female)

stargirlstar HB User
living with Bipolar 1 Disorder.

I am an 18 year old Nomad of sorts- i have had Bipolar 1 Disorder since I was 13- just after i started Puberty - I have been in numerous hospitals and institutions (in fact I had to get my GED because my bipolar affected my life so bad)
I have traveled the USA 3 Times in the last two years just on sheer Mania- I have now fallen back into Depression again for the millionth time and am fighting through it.
I have always felt alone- out of the loop with the rest of the world- I have never actually met another bipolar person in my life- you'd think that I would with all the institutions I have been-

I guess this is me, reaching out for friends that I can relate to. Am I really all by myself- or is there a world that I haven't found yet and is waiting to be opened up to me?

The following user gives a hug of support to stargirlstar:
jadedavenport93 (01-03-2011)
Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: living with Bipolar 1 Disorder.

Hon, you are sooo not by yourself. There are many of us who battle the same battles as you every hour of every day. We are here with you, whenever you need us. Are you in any therapies for your BP? i.e. talk, cbt, meds?

I hope things look up for you soon, stay strong and keep fighting. Just think of yourself as the knight and BP is the dragon....the Knight always wins in the end.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
(female)

windimeria2000 HB User

Believe me we around everywhere. Alot of Bipolar people are so but are not diagnosed. I can see the signs from a mile away because o'course I relate on the same level. Communicate with us and I am sure we can help one another.. See ya soon

Old 11-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

stomperbeast HB User

when you say your a nomad, does that mean it makes you travel? My wife has moved out 9 times in the past year and a half, she even took the new flat screen tv I bought for the house. What is the urge to run?

Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
(female)

jadedavenport93 HB User
Smile Re: living with Bipolar 1 Disorder.

i'm a 17 year old girl who think's i have bipola and have for a long time,
i have been sleeping on and off because of this illness,
i am okay and happy and normal one minute next i am crying and can not stop sometime's there is no reson for this,
othere are time's when i'm angry at everyone even tho that is not the type of person i am,
doctors gave me anitiderperents but this made me even more hostile and sad more than i could hadel so i throw them away'
i can not leave my home because i am scared of the world and people around me it makes me feel sick and scared and i get hot and think i am going to pass out when i leave my home,

<edited disallowed subject>

i am to scared to leave my home because it's safe hear and if the doctors say i have this illness it will be real and i am affaid of this what can i do i need help i can be someone 2 talk to

Old 09-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
(female)

juleslee HB User

i was undiagnosed with bipolar for years,was fed anti depressents till i was 38,never been through a month where i wouldnt happily die and not feel anything,i am now 41 and still feel overwhelmed by life,im on treatment and have a social worker,just feel they left it to late for me,go and see your doctor if you think you have this horrible disorder,it stops you having any sort of life,ive got into bad habbits of coping now,i have a 10 year old son and he keeps me going,the highs are great but unfortunately the lows are unbearable

Old 09-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Jade,

Hi, how are you doing? If you think that you have BiPolar or even Uni-Polar depression you should definitely go and see a dr. to get a correct diagnosis. This condition is not curable, but it is very treatable. Once you get the correct therapies and modalities of treatment in place you can live a pretty regular life. It does take hard work on the patients part, the pdocs can only do so much. And a big plus is finding a pdoc that is willing to work WITH you on your treatment. BiPolar Disorder is not a death sentence, it doesn't mean you'll never be able to do the same things that other people do, go to college, get married, have a family, hold down a good job...all these things can be achieved, it just takes a little more hard work and diligence on our parts. It all boils down to what you want out of life and how hard your willing to work to get it.

Take care,

kat

Closed Thread