It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

girlegrlracing HB User
Unhappy Could really use some help/advice!

Hello, i am a new user to this website and i could really use some help that is why i have joined all of you.

I have been dating this guy for a year and a half and it is very hard for him to deal with my rapid episodes. when i go thorugh a rough time in life i turn to drinking. when i drink you never know what person you are going to get with me. i get very mean or i get very sad. i tend to not remember anything and when i wake up in the morning everyone in my life pretty much dislikes me. i usually lash out at my boyfriend and my very close friends. my boyfriend (well now ex) wont talk to me for days sometimes weeks because of stupid things i do or say.
i feel like i will always be the biggest mess up and i will spend the rest of my life alone if i dont get ahold of this. can any one point me in the right direction. i have been tested and i was on medication but i have no insurance and i have lost my job so things are touch.
any thing will help at this point!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
(female)

JustListen123 HB UserJustListen123 HB User
Re: Could really use some help/advice!

Hello,

See the thing with us is.. we dont just have to find mr. right... we have to find the mr right and someone who will put up with all of our mess and it sounds like he just wasnt that guy. As for medicine, i am in the same boat as far as no insurance but ive gotten a lot of advice on here about asking doctors for samples and telling them your situation you can still get your medications... maybe even free. Just dont give up and dont get discouraged like i did. Good luck!
\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User
Re: Could really use some help/advice!

I understand, I am the exact same way when i drink, so i have stopped. I only drank on occasion but now not at all , i realized it did not mix with my brain at all. Your ex does not sound supportive at all and that is what you and all of us need, is support. So, you may be better off now. Sorry, i do not mean to sound harsh, just an outsider looking in. And, I lost my job so my insurance is about to cancel and I don't know what I am going to do. But i do know for sure that mental health facilities will give you support and meds for free, you do not need to be inpatient to get help. I am going to have to go to one of mine soon. I wish you the best, hang in there! These boards are very helpful, I was on this site a few years ago for a long time, then moved ad blah, blah just joined up again. They are great support!! Hugs to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to ghelpmelivelife For This Useful Post:
girlegrlracing7 (05-29-2011)
Closed Thread