It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
(female)

lullasmom82 HB User
Smile clothmic or bi polar really confused

hi i am new to this whole thing myself.... i am curently waiting on a diagnosis the physchiatrist thinks ot maybe cyclothmia or rapid cycling. I have had a really bad two yearshaving 3 mania episodes the last one was a few weeks ago and boy was that destructive. But i am costantly going from mood to mood it takes hours sometimes days and mins for my mood to change i can be really happy then aggressive and then really down, my head is goingso fastwith thoughts that i dont really know how i feel. its driving me mad...... its like i cant calm down,,, when i am felling raelly low i scratch myself and make my hands and head bleed i ma so aggertated and fidgity. in my manic phases i have felt so untouchable and happy that no one else matters so i push my family away kick my husband.. because its time for me and i dont need anmyone else. i dont sleep or eat, my head is racing constantly and i clean my house wihin seconds i think i am better than everyone else i feel really high the life and soul i go out drinking and i dont drink, I dont ave the money to go buy all these big purchases which they say is a part of being full bi polar but i do buy stuff in that phase quite a lot of stuff..... i am really confused as to whats going on with me cananyone shed a little light on this for me. i am soory to have rambled but my head today is going 100 mph i am typing really. i have been given some serequel and i am 150 g at the mo i dont think theseare helping me asyet.
thans fir listening if anyone can help i would be greatful

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

MissMiss HB User
Re: clothmic or bi polar really confused

I am very familiar with everything you are going through. I had to live with my father having a very severe case of BiPolar disorder. I am BiPolar. It used to be pretty out of control for me, but for the past couple of years I have learned how to keep it more under control. I am doing so without any medication.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-27-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

annii456 HB Userannii456 HB User

You sound frantic and that I can get with you real good! I have bip but before I got dx''d I found myself in a similar situation. Usually takes 10 yrs to get your final diagnosis so you are way ahead of the game, no matter what it gets titled as.

I feel that not everyone has the same bip showings. I have had it for 25 years and have had 3 big manics and 2 small episodes (my particular response is buying, I can burn up the phone, computer or stores in person for 12-24hrs usually and rack up 12,000-20,000+ in debt. I am not boasting trust me, I've come close to losing my credit rating, my monthly income, not to mention an incredible husband of 33 yrs.

It takes awhile to get regulated on meds and learn what works for you and what doesn't. That will be a big part you and your relationship with you therapist, if you don't feel like you can be completely open and honest within a month or two change until you get the right fit. Once you calm down and can think and observe yourself, , you can start to deal much better and work with your family too.Read books and learn about your illness, read these message boards use only what helps you, we are not all the same nor are we in the same place at the same time. Use it but don't panic when someone is sicker than you it doesn't mean you will go that route.

For right now? When I felt the crazies I would get on my stepper and climb and yell or sing at the top of my lungs until I calmed down the fastest and loudest rants going on in my head. The exercise was good and slowed things down, I do caution doing this in front of your husband or kids, they may run out of the room screaming themselves. LOL I tried that I know that reaction very well, in fact it brought on a bout of hysteria, Oh what a day that was!

Suggest to your husband that at the moment you need to work with the pdoc to get a verbal relationship and meds established before you can even try to explain it to him. I took my husband in with me after about 2 months because I didn't know what was happening to me and all I was doing was reacting to all the rushing feelings I couldn't even begin to handle alone. My hub and I learned how to talk to each other, in fact he will point out in the way I suggested " Think you might be manic?usually it's a U THINK? moment for me and I will either call the doc or I already have a med plan changes like that.

That's about all I can think about for the beginning of this, you will learn more how to calm yourself down in time. (I know that easier said than done, but there really is no way to rush this, sorry)

Good luck to you, I'll be thinking of ya, annii456

Last edited by Administrator; 06-28-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
(female)

sweetonlyme HB User

EXERCISIN always helps me to calm me down or to get my mood a bit up when I am down.

Closed Thread