It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
(female)

treelover HB User
Social Worker/Psychologist v Psychiatrist

I have bipolar II. I had a mixed episde which is also referred to as dysphoric mania. I was manic and depressed simultaneously with suicideal ideation. Suicidal being the main focus.

Family wanted a meeting with my psychiatrist because I had spoken (hinted) how I wanted things if I should ever go (maybe a cry for help?), blah, blah, blah. This happened about 3 weeks ago. My mother has not spoken to me since but my older sister told me she went to see a "therapist" who told her I was being manipulative.

I am so angry and would use a lot of swear words but I don't think they are allowed here. How can a psychologist know, after seeing my mother once, never seeing me, question my psychiatrist who is board certified and been practice for 31 years and decide on a whim my suicidal thoughts/actions were manipulative.

TreeLover.

P.s. Did I mention how ****** I am. Funny becuase in group therapy today I mentioned I hardly get angry and at first I was sad and depressed about this but then I got really angry.

p.s.s. not really looking for an answer, just to spew. AND NOT putting down psychologists.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

sweetonlyme HB User
Re: Social Worker/Psychologist v Psychiatrist

Family! Their members can be at times not supportive or understanding, and perhaps a bit selfish ?
This is thing of being diagnosed as Bipolar Type 2 it is a whole new thing to me.
My mum does not understand nor she shows interest in learning what this disease is. Regardless of my father having it as well. Never being dx but lets say we have the same traits and things.
My hubby on the other hand has not showed interest in reading about the disease either. He says that I seem different since I started with the medication. So he finally agrees that I have Bipolar Type 2 Disorder.
I sent an email to my cousin who is a doctor GP. I called him after the email. And he said that he was very busy.
How supportive family can be!

Now, your family believing what that Psychologist says without knowing you it is a bit off.
I hope you don't feel lonely. Give them time.
I get mad as well and sad. We are on the same boat. We feel neglected and misunderstood.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

momzsixpack HB User
Re: Social Worker/Psychologist v Psychiatrist

Personally, I see both.... I alternate one each month when I am doing well, and stick to the one that does my RX's when I am not so good.. ( I only have so many visits allowed on my insurance per year ). That works for me and I adore both. I finally found what works for me. Everyone is different though so Good Luck. I HAVE BEEN where you are right now. Hopefully it will get better for you.

HUGS,
Levothyroxine 88 mcg
Remeron 60 mg
Trazodone 150 mg
Lamictal 100 mg
Klonopin 1 mg
Sanctura 40 mg

Closed Thread