It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
(male)

Feelsick HB UserFeelsick HB UserFeelsick HB User
New to this board, but not mental health issues

Hello all I am 22 years old thought I was developing schizophrenia but with further research and doctor visits I am leaning towards bi polar disorder I was just put on abilify have not been able to tell a difference yet but it's only been a couple days I have highs and lows and it's rapid cycling I believe but have not got a steady diagnosis yet I have also experienced hallucinations, depersonalization, psychosis, and delusions Wich led me to believe schizophrenia. Anyway it makes alot more sense after seeing the doctor and researching further into bipolar, I still do not know what to expect down the line but hoping this medication will work. Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully relate to all of you through similar hardships thanks
Feelsick

Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: New to this board, but not mental health issues

Hi and welcome to the Boards. Hopefully we can be of some help and sense of community for you. I was DX'd BiPolar w/Severe Suicidal Depression when I was 19, I'm now 42, so I've been dealing with this for a lil while. These days I'm pretty stable and manage to keep my BP in check with therapy, meds and such. I'll be honest i've not much history with hallucinations, psychosis, and delusions....these aren't really the benchmark symptoms of BP, but anything goes with this lovely disorder. So, once again, hope you find some friends around here, there are many very nice folks with lots of BP info.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
(male)

Thank you and it's not real common to see things and what not but it happens in strong manias which I did not realize were manias until a couple months ago I hope the abilify helps because it's gotten to a point where it is affecting my family and my work. Again thanks for the reply and welcoming me it's always nice to know you can talk to people who know how you feel and can relate.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Is Abilify the only med that your pdoc has you on?

kat

Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
(male)

Well my primary doctor put me on it I have to set up an appointment with a psychologist before that I tried Prozac but it exasperated my symptoms and I had minor allergic reactions I have also been off and on clonozepam a generic klonopin for about a year only for short periods at a time so I don't have withdrawals

Closed Thread