It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
(male)

grayhounds3 HB User
OTC help, if you use, need advice

I've lost my job, unemployment ran through, no insurance. near flat broke.

been without Celexa for over 2 years. Been dealing with the swing ok until recently. Falling into the hole, very hard, triggered by life situations combining into a ball of crap. Mind is loosing grip.

I need something cheap, but that has at least some affect.

If you use OTC, would like a little input.

most interested in St John's wort, how do you use it, and is it effective?
Side effects also. Or anything else OTC/ Ginsing has been tried, thins my blood too much, and end up bleeding like a hemopheliac with only slight help.
Been looking, and can't seem to find any info from users, lot of advice from those on the outside that is just plain useless.

please have experience with it. I don't need any more speculations, i need real help.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: OTC help, if you use, need advice

Most of the drug companys give the med free if you are low income! Search patient assistant programs for that med. They will send the paper work and your doc has to send in a script for you and then they send a 3 month supply of the med that you pick up at your docs office. ask your docs office for help applying..paper work needs to be sent in so you keep getting the med every 3 months good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
(female)

Auto1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayhounds3 View Post
I've lost my job, unemployment ran through, no insurance. near flat broke.

been without Celexa for over 2 years. Been dealing with the swing ok until recently. Falling into the hole, very hard, triggered by life situations combining into a ball of crap. Mind is loosing grip.

I need something cheap, but that has at least some affect.

If you use OTC, would like a little input.

most interested in St John's wort, how do you use it, and is it effective?
Side effects also. Or anything else OTC/ Ginsing has been tried, thins my blood too much, and end up bleeding like a hemopheliac with only slight help.
Been looking, and can't seem to find any info from users, lot of advice from those on the outside that is just plain useless.

please have experience with it. I don't need any more speculations, i need real help.
This is kind of a last resort and I really hate suggesting it, BUT, if you are that ill and need real help, I would suggest an emergency room. They can possibly get you set up with some prescriptions and or in or outpatient therapy?? They will probably have you evaluated by a mental health professional and maybe a social worker can help getting you some sort of assistance for your medications or some sort of program. Just a thought if you are really desperate.???. Not guaranteeing that will occur, but they will usually get you some sort of treatment/assistance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Auto1 For This Useful Post:
grayhounds3 (02-29-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
(male)

grayhounds3 HB User

have been taking St John's wort for about 3 weeks now (300mg 3x daily)

feeling much better, able to smile again, side effects minimal, heart burn shortly after taking capsule mostly, passes quickly.

if you are a depressed one and considering St John's, so far a thumbs up.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
(male)

grayhounds3 HB User

does anyone know a good supplement to go with the St john's Wort for diarrhea?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Celexa is on the $4 med list at walmart...thought you might like to know that, it's probably less than what you pay for the St. John's Wart and probably works much better. Also St. John's Wart generally doesn't cause diareah....you could try using some Imodium with it.

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
grayhounds3 (03-28-2012)
Reply Reply