It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

sheltiemom2006 HB User
Unhappy New here and struggling after mania

I struggle with episodes of severe mania with psychosis but I have an amazing treatment team. If it weren't for them, I'd be unemployed and in some long term hospital setting. I consider myself quite lucky. I'm just settling from a prolonged manic swing. I hate the aftermath of mania because it's like looking back at the path of a destructive tornado. All you can see is the wreckage. I'm trying to count my blessings. I'm still employed ( I'm a scientist). I have good friends who have not, as of yet, thrown up their hands in frustration and walked away. My daughter is doing fine and seems relatively uneffected by my most recent descent into mania and psychosis. Those are the blessings. The not so good stuff, well that will heal in time, I guess. I go through this "I really don't like me very much" thinking after mania. I want to reach out and get some reassurance right now, but I think my support people are just a little tired of me right now. I'm feeling pretty alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
(female)

The Longing HB User
Re: New here and struggling after mania

Hi sheltiemom2006 !

I'm new here to. Signed up today actually.
Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line and say I can relate to what you wrote. I am feeling a bit alone too. Recovering from being down and from a silly spending spree, so am I have low feelings about myself at the moment.

Hope things will be better for you soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
(female)

CM0608 HB User
Re: New here and struggling after mania

Yes the aftermath of mania can be pretty embarrassing...like did I just do/say that? But we are all human and we all make mistakes and everyone does deserve to be forgiven. Congratulations on finally being diagnosed and having an awesome treatment team. You will weather this just fine!! You sound like you are keeping things in perspective. It also sounds like you know what the most important things are in life: family, friends and career.

Reply Reply