It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
(female)

annemarie2020 HB User
Sundowner?

I have bipolar disease and am manic right now. I wake feeling great, but towards the end of the day I get very depressed all of a sudden. Dors anyone know what could cause this? Thank you.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Sundowner?

Some Bipolar patients have Rapid Cycling BP, which means they switch between mania and depression throughout the day, sometimes over a matter of hours. If your having mania and depression in the same 24 hr. period you should talk to your pdoc about whether your BP is rapid cycling. This form of BP can be much harder to treat and stabilize, so it's important to recognize it quickly.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

annemarie2020 HB User

Thank you. I will.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
(female)

lolalalalalola HB User

I get this as well.
I am on ADHD meds as well though, so it hits me harder.
Wake up feeling alright (as long as it's not too early) but as the day wears on, I go from being alright/ upbeat, to being agitated, highly anxious, dissociative, and then around 4pm every day it just goes from that to being really lethargic and melancholic. and then around 8pm after I have cried for a while, or just lay there staring, I am awake again and doing things. And can't sleep until waaaay later.
Like I'm awake right now, feeling depressed, agitated, really anxious, thoughts skipping everywhere, impulsive.. when I try to lay down, this all just turns into full blown anxiety. If I don't talk myself down before it hits, done for. Just will lay there freaking out for hours... eventually getting maybe 3-5 hours of sleep.
Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyways, if you want someone to talk to about this, you can talk to me... I think I know what you're going through.
(I actually called it "sundowning", referring to how alzheimer patients sundown... didn't realize that it was an actual thing.)

Closed Thread