It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

tmccants11 HB User
Being around other people irritates me

Hi, I'm married with children, and I love to be around family. I have this one issue of being around associates. They start to irriate me, my mood changes, and I be ready to get away from around them. I ignore phone calls all the time because i don't feel like being bothered. It is starting to cause problems in my marriage because I hate for my husband and children to company for long periods of time. I'd rather they go over their company house. Don't get me wrong I love being around my family, but my family only. I look at people and kind read them and a lot of people are so fake that it's impossible to deal with them. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm Bipolar,and depressed. I don't think that I'm either. I'm very sweet, i'm nice and easy to get along with, I just don't like being bothered. Is this normal? Do I need to go talk to someone about it? I've just learned that I could be ADD. Do you think this could be the problem? Can someone please help me thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Being around other people irritates me

Well it's definitely not normal behavior, and I would recommend that you see a Dr. and find out what's going on. If you continue like this you'll probably do a great deal of damage to your relationship with your husband and children, you can't realistically expect them not to have friends over because you don't like to be "bothered".

This is not a typical indicator of BiPolar disorder, we generally don't have a big problem with being around other people, or certain "sets" of people. If you were depressed you'd have obvious signs, staying in bed all day, not sleeping, not eating, no energy, not wanting to interact with anyone including your family, things of that nature.

It's also not a typical sign of ADD. Attention Deficit Disorder manifests itself in the failure to concentrate and stay on task. ADD symptoms are things like, not finishing projects that you started, not being able to sit still for long lengths of time, not able to finish a book, trouble concentrating on schoolwork/paperwork, constantly moving around. Most ADD'ers that I know, including my 22 yr old son are very outgoing and generally like to be around people, they're not introverted.

Make an appt with your Dr. and find out what's going on before you do too much damage to your family life and your marriage.

Take care,

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

annemarie2020 HB User

I get like this when I am transitioning from manic to depressed. But it is not just certain people, it is everyone. Does anyone else get this way?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
(female)

tmccants11 HB User

I'm all of the above for ADD. I just like being around people outside of my family. I thank you alot for the advice and will make an appointment today. If you dont mind I will also keep you posted.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Sure, I'd be interested to know what your doc thinks is going on.

Take care,

kat

Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
(female)

Brieannah HB User

I definitely have issues with being around certain people, but it's because of the things they do that trigger my agitation- but this is only when im not in a hypomanic mode. the second i drop from that everything makes me angry--- its never just certain people, its more like they little things they do that other people probably neve notice, like chewing loudly, snapping, clapping, whistling--- this are all things that, when im on edge, will really spark some serious anxiety almost to a full panic attack sometimes, but again, usually doesn't happen when im hypomanic because im so focused on other things i dont seem to notice other people.

Closed Thread