It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

Jame456 HB User
Question Desperate BiPolar need advice!

Hello all,
I thank you for reading my first post. I have a HUGE problem. I have been dx'd for 15 years & I am in a long term relationship. We have been together for 12 years now, and I absolutely cannot control myself financially. I have a payee. When I get money, I spend it all the same day. I went and got a credit card behind my man's back, and charged it up in a week! A 1,000 bucks. Then 3 weeks ago, I got an increase on that card, and it's maxed already..... My man is exhausted and tapped from "rescuing my sorry rear end" feeding me, putting gas in the car, blah blah. I have bare bones insurance. It doesn't cover any therapy. I just don't know what to do. He won't marry me. Believe me, I understand why. I just want to get a handle on this so bad, It's just like water in my hands. No matter how hard I try, it drips out of my fingers. I always find a way to justify my spending. But my sweetie is at the end of his rope and is hanging by a string at this point. I don't want to lose him over this. It is truly a disease. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Jame
_fire:wave :

Bi Polar 2
Borderline Personality Disorder
Eating Disorder
Diabetes Type 2
Fibromyalgia
Back Pain
Sciatica
Neuropahy
Osteoarthritis
De Quravains Disease
Complete Hysterectomy

Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User
Re: Desperate BiPolar need advice!

Unless you have been an over-spender all your life, you are describing a classic manic symptom. The way you shop recklessly, without regard for the consequences, is what a lot of bipolars do -- but only if they are in a manic or hypomanic phase. See or call your doctor to have your meds adjusted before you spin out of control or bankrupt yourself. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
(male)

sircuit HB User
Re: Desperate BiPolar need advice!

I'm Bipolar I and have been on more than one spending spree.
I take Lamictal and Seroquel, both act as mood stablizers.. And they work. I haven't been manic in years and it feels good to have some control again. After each mania I had many debts, some monetary, but many social which in many ways are harder to pay back.
Get medicated, plain and simple.

Reply Reply