It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
(female)

marika HB User
Newly Diagnosed. Just saying hi!

Hey everyone, I am Whitney. I have just been diagnosed Bipolar (for the second time), but it hasn't been clarified if I or II. I have been started off on Lamictal. Next week, I will talk to another therapist further to get more specific about my diagnoses and see what medicine to use. The psychiatrist that I seen today was really adamant about putting me on Lithium, which didnít sit right with me. I understand that it has 30 years of research behind it, but the side effects and the necessity for accuracy bothers me. (BTW, I have Death Anxiety)
Anyway, I am just trying to cope. When I was 17 I was admitted to a hospital and thatís when I first found out that I was bipolar, however it has gone untreated. Every year I make some life altering decision that mania causes. Then I come down and go into depression which is now not just affecting me, but my 5 year old son as well. I donít want to be in denial anymore. I guess I am just venting, sorry, but that you for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread