It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Just need help, don't know what to do anymore

I'm 41 and back when I was in my 30's.. I'll say 33 or so.. I was told I had Bipolar.. but after a year being on med. it didn't seem like anything was working, now I'm on Fluoxetine and after 6 weeks if it don't help he's also wanting to put me on seroquel., well I'm big on not taken anything that makes you gain weight, because I'm short... I'm not sure if I even have it... I am depressed all the time and I'm very ill angry and just mad at all time for no reason at all.. I don't have the up's people say with bipolar. I'm just depressed and just angry and ill and mad like I said for no reason at all.. I just don't know what to do.. I think I'm going to call my dr monday and see what he can do because I feel like a time bomb but I feel like this a lot but I don't blow up ever I just feel like doing it. now if my kids do something bad I have notice my action are a little over board and I will stop myself. Ive been on Fluoxetine for almost 4 weeks. just wanted to see what others thought..

The following user gives a hug of support to TruthseekerTn:
sheltiemom2006 (06-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
(male)

Polafication HB User
Re: Just need help, don't know what to do anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
Ive been on Fluoxetine for almost 4 weeks. just wanted to see what others thought..
Hi Truth,

I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder and have been on my first medication for 3 weeks including an increase in dosage. I know the feelings you are going through as well as the frustrations. I'm not very educated on bipolar disorder as I'm still reading up on it, learning, etc, but I wanted to let you know you're not the only one feeling frustrated with your thoughts/actions and current medication situation. I just had to call an on-call doctor because I feel like I'm experiencing too many side effects and I'm not benefiting from my medication so I'm upset because I thought I'd see some kind of improvement after 3 and a half weeks.

Stay on your meds and contact your doctor and fully explain your frustrations, feelings, thoughts, and any physical side effects you might be experiencing. I think it's safer to be on a med than to stop cold turkey. Just wanted to let you know your not alone and not the only one feeling the same way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User

Hi!. I'm guessing you were Dx'd bipolar II? I'm bpI, so slightly different, but I'm surprised by a couple of things in your pdocs approach to the meds. First of all, if you are really bipolar, why didn't he put you on a mood-stabilizer? That's usually the first step. But if depression is the hallmark of your bipolarII, well, let's assume you need an anti-D first and foremost. With all of the different anti-Ds available, why not try another one (either from the same class, I think fluoxetine is an SSRI) or from a different class...Kinda don't get it. I take Seroquel in varying dosages, depending on what's going on. On lower doses, (25-75mg), it's supposed to have anti-D effects, and will probably stomp out that agitation faster than it takes to acclimate to other drugs. Is your pdoc keeping the fluoxetine on board, regardless of effectiveness? Maybe I misunderstood. Not trying to be critical, but this just sounds like a different approach overall than what I usually hear about. Getting a meds cocktail squared-away can be tricky and time consuming, takes patience, especially when we are Sick! Hang in there & Good luck!

Last edited by TinoRock; 06-24-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Old 06-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

My pdr wants me on Fluoxetine for 6 weeks before putting me on a mood stabilizer medications, I'm confused on it as well. I'm lost.. Im not sure what type I have, I figure 2 since I don't have the up's, I do have really bad downs though, its so bad that I have a lot of angry and just frustrated..ill and not sure how to deal with it, or do. I have these emotions inside I don't understand, I've never done anything, but most kept inside other then, when I notice I'm getting ill with my kids I stop myself.. I'm calling my dr monday..he said 6 weeks and it's been 4 I just don't think I can take it anymore being like this.. I don't understand my feelings and why.. I feel all this emotions. it is getting me really really down.. thanks for the input.. means a lot.. take care everyone

Old 06-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
(female)

I forgot to say, years ago, I was on Lithium..and it didn't work at all. it was like taking candy or something, it didn't work at all.. it didn't help my mood at all

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
(female)

Well I called my dr, last week, he put me on serquery(spelling). Hoping it will work. Thank for the replys

Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
(female)

I'm still not sure I have Bipolar.. because I don't have the ups at all... But the seroquel is working great with me, I've not felt this good in forever.. does it mean I have Bipolar? or is it something else my pDor isn't getting.. because I thought with Bioplar everyone had at least some kind of up's and I've never had it. just angry ill and feel like I could go off on someone but never have, I've always controlled it inside me..with the med working makes me think I might have it, but it's just weird how I don't have the ups at all, never felt like I was on top of the world or anything.. before the seroquel, I was thinking I couldn't make it much longer without being put in a hospital or something, it's weird how one little pill can change a person big time, thats just how it's working for me.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
(male)

Polafication HB User

Truth, you could be Bipolar II, I'm the same way...I have no ups or highs, but I'm always stuck in the lows that are associated with Bipolar II disorder. I'm more on the depressed side, have a lot of anxiety/panic attacks, am always tired, and many other symptoms. I'm on Viibryd and Lamictal currently and seeing how this mix works for me. Hang in there!

The following user gives a hug of support to Polafication:
TruthseekerTn (07-20-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

TinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB UserTinoRock HB User

Hi everybody! I hear you when you say you've been Dx'd bipolar when you don't have any perceivable mania. It seems to me, from reading I did long ago, that one of the criteria for Bipolar II was to have at least one significant manic episode. Perhaps your doctors have read deeply into your symptoms enough to see a side of mania that is not the sterotypical happy, chatty, event. As someone with BPI, I've seen over time that my rare mania no longer manifests with any euphoria whatsover. The episode can be mixed, with excess speed and volume of thought, yet no happiness, more likely anger or agitation. I certainly recommend discussing this with your doctor. There must be a reason that they diagnosed you bipolar, and not just major depressive disorder. Personally, if I am to present as manic to the world (how embarrassing) I have to watch out that I'm not in a state of hyper-irritability. It's all so complicated at times, and I wish you all the best in getting a handle on this disorder.

The Following User Says Thank You to TinoRock For This Useful Post:
TruthseekerTn (07-20-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
(female)

Thank you both so much,, I went back to my dr today and he said in most women with bipolar they are just very depressed and have the feelings I do, like angry ill and just like a bomb about to go smooth off,, he put me on 200mg I was on 100, He said since I don't have the manic. probably 200 will be all i need,, thanks again, take care

Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
(male)

Faithful489 HB User

TruthSeeker,

I just wanted to say that I think I know the angry feelings that you have experienced. I get increasingly filled with frustration and rage to the point that I want to punch a hole in the wall. But like you said, it never really explodes. One time I just couldn't take it and I went into my backyard, grabbed the sledge-hammer and pounded a dirt pile until I got tired. It kinda helped.
I was diagnosed with an unusual form of Bipolar II. It took 9 months to find a good combination of drugs, which I started taking about 8 months ago. I am on Lamictal 450, Lithium 1500, Wellbutrin 450, Citalopram 40, and Vyvanse 60. Yeah...but I'll take a handful of pills over the hell we've been through anyday.
Keep on keepin' on. We will live another day.

Reply Reply