It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

bothered HB User
Question What has Seroquel XR done for you?

Hi, I am diagnosed as Bipolar 2, and was recently put on Seroquel XR. I'm currently taking 200mg/day. I am also on Lexapro 10mg/day. I used to be on Lexapro only. Quite frankly, I can't tell if the Seroquel is doing anything. I swear I feel the same now as I did when only on the Lexapro. I've been on the Seroquel for just about a month now. Should I be noticing a dramatic difference with the addition of Seroquel XR? The cost and the weight gain aren't worth it to me if I'm not gonna feel any different.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
(female)

lynnlee HB Userlynnlee HB User
Re: What has Seroquel XR done for you?

It depends on what you are taking it for....is it for moods, or sleep, or something else? It can be used for different things and if it isnt helping you in the way your doctor gave it to you for, tell him/her. I used it to help me sleep. I was having alot of anxiety and racing thoughts and couldnt fall asleep. But I got diabetes quicker from taking it and had to get on something else, which i like alot better. But you also have to remember to give it a fair try, a few months to see if it is really helping or not before you should see about trying something else. Alot of meds are shown to work by 6 months of taking it. Some take awhile to build up in your system before you see results. Always talk to your doctor and state your feelings on it before taking any action.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

I'm also on Seroquel (200mg) and Lexapro (20mg) and I think it's a really good combination. I feel like my moods are pretty stable and my anxiety and OCD are under control.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

For me seroquel is the Best thing, I've ever took in my life, I'm on 200 myself I've never felt this good in forever,and it worked pretty fast, I notice after a week. if this med works this good, I don't care if I big is a cow, just kidding. I'm drinking 10..19.9 oz of water a day to keep from gaining the weight, so far no what gain, and I try to stay busy doing something at all times.. good luck with it.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

b3tt13p4g3 HB User

All it ever did for me was make me extremely sleepy!

Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
(female)

Cherrybombkj HB User
Unhappy Re: What has Seroquel XR done for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3tt13p4g3 View Post
All it ever did for me was make me extremely sleepy!
Same here! I've been on Seroquel for a while now and the only thing I recognize is feeling sleepy and tired ALL the time!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
(female)

lifesgood2 HB User

I was on Seroquel briefly as in less than 3 months. It worked great for sleep, I was usually asleep within 20 minutes. The problem came when I didn't fall asleep right away, and then I had the most incredible munchies with no concern for health. Heck, I even ate copious amounts of cheese one night even though I am lactose intolerant!

For this reason alone I decided to get off it and instead take Rozerem which takes longer to act, but at least I don't get ravenously hungry.

Reply Reply